• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved DVD Rip Error

Hi -

I'm encountering a DVD rip error:

An error dialog appears with the message "PS 12", and the rip stops.

Running AvyDVD HD 8.6.3.0 on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.1466.

I've cleaned the disc and attempted to rip the disc on several different transports.

The DVD is one of a set. I get the same rip error on any randomly selected disc in the set.

The logfile is attached.

Any ideas what the error message means or where to begin diagnosis?

Thanks - Bob

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_E_THE_WEST_WING34.ziplog
    122.9 KB · Views: 6
Since your hardware region is set and I never heard of PS 12, I have no clue what it could be.
Are there any scratches or dirt on the disc?

Hi -

I'm encountering a DVD rip error:

An error dialog appears with the message "PS 12", and the rip stops.

Running AvyDVD HD 8.6.3.0 on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.1466.

I've cleaned the disc and attempted to rip the disc on several different transports.

The DVD is one of a set. I get the same rip error on any randomly selected disc in the set.

The logfile is attached.

Any ideas what the error message means or where to begin diagnosis?

Thanks - Bob
Please set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

The log says AI scanner forced. You might want to try "automatic".
Creating a logfile always forces the scanner on, otherwise the logfile would be useless.
In this case, AI scanner should be always on, because the heuristic missed the possible protection.

As I said in the original message, I’ve cleaned the discs. They are virgin, brand new, in the original, individual, no-scratch wraps.

4 discs all with the same error. I doubt the problem is individual disc-specific.

Beyond the usual suspects such as dirty disc, scratched disc, software versions, region encoding, AI scanner, try another transport, etc., can anybody identify error “PS 12”?

FYI -

I did find a couple of very old forum threads that had the same error. One was using the same disc set, which somebody suggested, but didn’t prove, that the formally boxed set sold on Amazon was pirated.

Both threads disintegrated into insults and were closed.

FYI -

I did find a couple of very old forum threads that had the same error. One was using the same disc set, which somebody suggested, but didn’t prove, that the formally boxed set sold on Amazon was pirated.

Both threads disintegrated into insults and were closed.
Were those threads discussing Bluray or just DVD?

which somebody suggested, but didn’t prove, that the formally boxed set sold on Amazon was pirated.
This is quite possible, as your disc(s) are single layered and don't have CSS protection. Very unusual for a release from Warner, they even put CSS on their "made on demand" discs.

I have several MOD DVD-R from the Warner Archive from Amazon.com and I believe they all had CSS on them.

I have several MOD DVD-R from the Warner Archive from Amazon.com and I believe they all had CSS on them.
This is what I said. And the disc(s) of the OP aren't MODs, they are pressed single layer discs without CSS.

Back