DVD player wont read disc

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Puck588, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Puck588

Puck588 New Member

Ok I have 2 dvd players. I have burned a few movies before and they work in my player, but i recently burned two movies that wont read in my player.

My second player is a ps2 and it will play the movies but they freeze for a second like every 15 seconds while it is playing. I have tried to upgrade my firmware on my player, cant find a newer version. Im using fuji dvd-r not made in japan and they have worked before, what could be causing them to not work now in my dvd player.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You answered your own question. Click this and read it carefully

3. Puck588

Puck588 New Member

but ive seen in other spots on this forum where it says that fuji is fine, and dont buy media made in japan. Other spots say not to. what would be the best media to purchase to burn movies.

4. Webslinger

No. It's pretty mediocre.

That's extremely foolish advice. Taiyo Yuden, Maxell Plus, and Maxell BQ are made in Japan.

I recommend Taiyo Yuden premium 8x, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, and Maxell Broadcast Quality

And I tend to prefer +R blank media (but you should change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). Maxell Plus and especially Maxell BQ are expensive (and 8x dvd-r only).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  5. Puck588

Puck588 New Member

Ok thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Where do you change 'booktype'

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  6. Puck588

Puck588 New Member

How do you change the booktype to dvd-rom

Told to do this for dvd+r, why is that anyway. Thanks

7. Webslinger