• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD player wont read disc

Puck588

Ok I have 2 dvd players. I have burned a few movies before and they work in my player, but i recently burned two movies that wont read in my player.

My second player is a ps2 and it will play the movies but they freeze for a second like every 15 seconds while it is playing. I have tried to upgrade my firmware on my player, cant find a newer version. Im using fuji dvd-r not made in japan and they have worked before, what could be causing them to not work now in my dvd player.

but ive seen in other spots on this forum where it says that fuji is fine, and dont buy media made in japan. Other spots say not to. what would be the best media to purchase to burn movies.

but ive seen in other spots on this forum where it says that fuji is fine

No. It's pretty mediocre.

and dont buy media made in japan

That's extremely foolish advice. Taiyo Yuden, Maxell Plus, and Maxell BQ are made in Japan.

what would be the best media to purchase to burn movies.

I recommend Taiyo Yuden premium 8x, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, and Maxell Broadcast Quality

And I tend to prefer +R blank media (but you should change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). Maxell Plus and especially Maxell BQ are expensive (and 8x dvd-r only).

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Where do you change 'booktype'

Last edited:
How do you change the booktype to dvd-rom

Told to do this for dvd+r, why is that anyway. Thanks

Back