• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD backups not playing on certain devices

I used to use DVD-R discs and had that problem but changed to DVD+R and haven't had a problem in years...

1 license is really only meant to be used on 1 machine. However the multiple use for a single license policy hasn't changed. You're fine to eg use it on a laptop or something too, as long as only 1 machine with that license has anydvd running at any given time. If you really want to use it on multiple machines, 1 license per machine really is advised. And redfox would appreciate the funds too.

I'll get back to you with the links but pretty sure target and newegg should stock them.
ok thanks

I'm in Memphis, TN. Elvis country :)

I've purchased many times on-line from Supermediastore and Meritline. They carry many brands and formats including Verbatim and JVC Taiyo Yuden. Prices are good too.

TY dropped out of the blank disc market months ago

I've purchased many times on-line from Supermediastore and Meritline. They carry many brands and formats including Verbatim and JVC Taiyo Yuden. Prices are good too.
I did not know that. And I was just getting ready to order some. They were excellent discs:(

I've showed at superseding before also , thanks

I just copied three DVD's (Eye in the Sky, 13 Hours & Jack Reacher) over the weekend using (7.9.6.5) I haven't had any problems since I loaded it onto my laptop from my old Compaq.
Any way to update my AnyDVD? I didn't know the current situation and could not back up Eye in the Sky, as well as other new ones. I am not up to date and wasn't able to be online for a while. Thank you

And I believe I may be having the same problem as "bellburn" -- what i see is that when I insert a disc that won't backup, it does not come up with a file name and doesn't know anything is in the drive. Anyone familiar with this problem. I have backed up many discs, but some just are not recognized by the drive. Other people seem to have no problem with the same titles. Any help is appreciated.

DVDs play in PC drives, do you have the AnyDVD enabled?
Does the disc show on the drive without AnyDVD on?
I had some problems recently, so I just uninstalled AnyDVD and reinstalled it...solved the silliness.
Your drive should see a disc if it's not damaged...sounds like another problem is going on, not AnyDVD.
13 Hours and Jack Reacher were pieces of cake backing up, there shouldn't be any problems with 7.6.9.5 if you still have it on the PC.
Read some of the forum topics before doing anything radical, all problems are solved on this forum eventually!
LOL!

Any way to update my AnyDVD? I didn't know the current situation and could not back up Eye in the Sky, as well as other new ones. I am not up to date and wasn't able to be online for a while. Thank you

And I believe I may be having the same problem as "bellburn" -- what i see is that when I insert a disc that won't backup, it does not come up with a file name and doesn't know anything is in the drive. Anyone familiar with this problem. I have backed up many discs, but some just are not recognized by the drive. Other people seem to have no problem with the same titles. Any help is appreciated.
Yes you can update to 7.6.9.5. and use your Slysoft key. There are no more updates from SLYSOFT (actually these were done by RedFox as a interim solution).
However if you want V8 and above you must purchase a key from RedFox . They are the ones doing the updating now.
There's a 21 day trial that you can use for V8 if you haven't trialed it yet even if you had a Slysoft version installed. Make sure you save your Slysoft keyfile(s)
Here's the link to the latest beta:

http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8031.exe

Again this requires a NEW KEY from RedFox to continue using past the 21 day trial.
If you decide you don't want to purchase you can roll back to 7.6.9.5.
A link to that is here:

https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe
(Thanks to @mike20021969 having it in his signature makes it easy to get)

Now if you want to rollback to 7.6.9.5.
All you need to do is uninstall V8.x.x.x. and install 7.6.9.5. and reapply your Slysoft keyfile. But since it can no longer connect to OPD or be updated it will have issues with decryption of some newer disc's. But should work fine for older DVD's and older Blu-ray's without BD+ or Screenpass.

Last edited:

Log files and DVD titles go along way to help others also what Region helps. If you have 7.6.9.5 the newer dvd/bd will not work as well and Eye in the Sky is new and it might not fall into the 7.6.9.5 to be able to work with it. I've backup up many dvd and problem comes from bad media to bad original media the banks I get now and then some bad one when burning. So unless you have 8.0.3.1beta to create a log or 7.6.9.5 to create a log know what is happening will be hard to know.

Yes you can update to 7.6.9.5. and use your Slysoft key. There are no more updates from SLYSOFT (actually these were done by RedFox as a interim solution).
However if you want V8 and above you must purchase a key from RedFox . They are the ones doing the updating now.
There's a 21 day trial that you can use for V8 if you haven't trialed it yet even if you had a Slysoft version installed. Make sure you save your Slysoft keyfile(s)
Here's the link to the latest beta:

http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8031.exe

Again this requires a NEW KEY from RedFox to continue using past the 21 day trial.
If you decide you don't want to purchase you can roll back to 7.6.9.5.
A link to that is here:

https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe
(Thanks to @mike20021969 having it in his signature makes it easy to get)

Now if you want to rollback to 7.6.9.5.
All you need to do is uninstall V8.x.x.x. and install 7.6.9.5. and reapply your Slysoft keyfile. But since it can no longer connect to OPD or be updated it will have issues with decryption of some newer disc's. But should work fine for older DVD's and older Blu-ray's without BD+ or Screenpass.

This should be stuck somewhere...everything you need to know (almost) and all at once.
Good work.

Back