• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD backups not playing on certain devices

bellbern

Is it because I do not have the latest update of AnyDVD (7.9.6.5) is why some backups will only play on certain devices such as my sony dvd player and not my computer or sony blu ray player?

Is it because I do not have the latest update of AnyDVD (7.6.9.5) is why some backups will only play on certain devices such as my sony dvd player and not my computer or sony blu ray player?

THIS IS THE CORRECT THREAD

No, anydvd only affects decryption and at worst software playback. It has no control or impact of hardware playback as anydvd cannot be installed on a standalone player or burn backups.

Define 'will not play'. Not play how exactly. Are you burning backups? What brand and type of blanks are you using? With what are you burning? How fast?

You burnt a DVD on your pc, but it won't read/play on that same computer? Or burnt it on a desk top, won't play on your laptop? And the discs play with sound all the way through with sound on your DVD player, but sound stops after 20 minutes on your newer bluray player? These would be described as do not play, the same as nothing shows up on the screen. So a more accurate description helps responders to help you faster. Btw, the sound problem is called Cinavia.

When I say "will not play" that's exactly what it does, it's showing blank, no movie, nothing. Will not play on my computer using WMP or PowerDVD, computer showing no files but will play on Sony standalone player and Sony Blu-ray player. Using Verbatim AZO DVD-R burning at 8x speed and using CloneDVD2. I'm the same person with the purchase problem of AnyDVD HD witch I am about to order for my blu-ray back ups.

Is it because I do not have the latest update of AnyDVD (7.6.9.5) is why some backups will only play on certain devices such as my sony dvd player and not my computer or sony blu ray player?

THIS IS THE CORRECT THREAD
First off double posting is not allowed.

Now;
No it has no effect on playability in a player as it doesn't burn or convert what so ever. That's due to your burning/conversion software and/or the speed you burn at and the disc type/brand your using. That really matters.
You could try cloneDVD available only from Elby . Download a trial and see if it plays the those copies.

AnyDVDHD only decrypts "on the fly" {which means ripping is not nessecery for decryption and is available for use in another program instantly after it sees the disc.}
If you rip it only makes a 1:1 copy to either a folder structure or a ISO (remember iso is not recommended for DVD'S but was added for HD). Use CloneDVD for that or another program.

The last SLYSOFT version ADvDHD is 7.6.9.5.
It should work for any dvd disc released up to the date of the .9.5. release.
For Blu-ray it must connect to the REDFOX OPD for all screenpass and any BD+ disc not already "seen" by your pc. If just AACS/MKB it should decrypt up to the last MKB version available at time of release.
60-61 I think.

Now the latest RedFox release is 8.0.3.0.
And works just fine . And has some great new features.

From one user to another.
I highly recommend anyone whose not purchased a RedFox license for AnyDVDHD yet please do so. I was just as unhappy as anyone else with death of SLYSOFTand my licensing, BUT i also understood what it would take for this great product to be able to continue to do what it does so well. Time is running out on the discount and I wouldn't depend on if it gets extended due to the MasterCard issues.

No wowszer that's not my problem. Backed up on desktop. Will not show movie or sound on desktop but will play on standalone player

Is it because I do not have the latest update of AnyDVD (7.9.6.5) is why some backups will only play on certain devices such as my sony dvd player and not my computer or sony blu ray player?

I just copied three DVD's (Eye in the Sky, 13 Hours & Jack Reacher) over the weekend using (7.9.6.5) I haven't had any problems since I loaded it onto my laptop from my old Compaq.

Sorry bout that nebostrangla. I'm trying to understand this technical language. I felt very bad also bout Slysoft being shut down. I love the product and I'm paying extra just to make sure I get the right software,(it was my fault), because I love what it does for blu-ray. I just really get on this forum to read what you guys and gals are talking bout. This is my hobby for a 65 yr old man with nothing to do but explore computers. My son is a great with this stuff and helps me tremendously. Thanks for answering my post and you all keep up the good advise. I truly love it.

Hi alexscott, I seem to have a problem when I load in onto another dvd and take it over my ladyfriend house for movie night :) that it will not show the movie on her samsung standalone dvd player. Just sometimes, not all the time but works great on my players

@nebostrangla. Leave the moderating to the moderators please. The 2 topics were merged.

@bellbern please answer my questions in post 3. Especially the ones relating to the blank discs.

Hi alexscott, I seem to have a problem when I load in onto another dvd and take it over my ladyfriend house for movie night :) that it will not show the movie on her samsung standalone dvd player. Just sometimes, not all the time but works great on my players

Interesting, sounds like it could be her DVD player. I've had the same problem with my Samsung DVD player, It was just old, I got a new one, and have never had any problems since. Maybe try another player.

@nebostrangla. Leave the moderating to the moderators please. The 2 topics were merged.

@bellbern please answer my questions in post 3. Especially the ones relating to the blank discs.

When I say "will not play" that's exactly what it does, it's showing blank, no movie, nothing. Will not play on my computer using WMP or PowerDVD, computer showing no files but will play on Sony standalone player and Sony Blu-ray player. Using Verbatim AZO DVD-R burning at 8x speed and using CloneDVD2. I'm the same person with the purchase problem of AnyDVD HD witch I am about to order for my blu-ray back ups.

Now having a problem with blu-ray backup.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_K_13_Hours.ziplog
    195.3 KB · Views: 2
The brand and speed is excellent but try picking up a small spindle of azo dye dvd+r as a test. I know they come as small as a batch of 10. Won't guarantee it will fix it, but -r isn't the best type. Seems to me your drive can burn them but not read back what it wrote. That's usually a sign of a dead/dying drive.

The bluray error is unrelated. You're using 7695. That version no longer has access to the opd since may 31st, as the download page will tell you as well as other forum topics.

That said, set your drive hardware region too.

The brand and speed is excellent but try picking up a small spindle of azo dye dvd+r as a test. I know they come as small as a batch of 10. Won't guarantee it will fix it, but -r isn't the best type. Seems to me your drive can burn them but not read back what it wrote. That's usually a sign of a dead/dying drive.

The bluray error is unrelated. You're using 7695. That version no longer has access to the opd since may 31st, as the download page will tell you as well as other forum topics.

That said, set your drive hardware region too.

oh no. i hate to hear that. I use to use the +r but got so hard to fine. thanks will try and keep an eye open on that drive.

oh no. i hate to hear that. I use to use the +r but got so hard to fine. thanks will try and keep an eye open on that drive.
Yea got to order anydvd hd. hate i did not order correctly the first time but its worth it to pay a little extra for my mistake.. like i said i'm learning

Where are you located? I could find you some webshops then that carry them.

Seems to me your drive can burn them but not read back what it wrote. That's usually a sign of a dead/dying drive.

That was my thought too. Squirrly burner.
-W

Where are you located? I could find you some webshops then that carry them.

I'm in Memphis, TN. Elvis country :)

I just purchased AnyDVD HD. You can only use it on 1 device? Is that true?

1 license is really only meant to be used on 1 machine. However the multiple use for a single license policy hasn't changed. You're fine to eg use it on a laptop or something too, as long as only 1 machine with that license has anydvd running at any given time. If you really want to use it on multiple machines, 1 license per machine really is advised. And redfox would appreciate the funds too.

I'll get back to you with the links but pretty sure target and newegg should stock them.

Back