• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drive Selection Box

lario48

I have found that when I uncheck the box for my "burner" under "Drive Selection", every time I reboot, my settings revert back to "default" and I have to "uncheck" the box again. Furthermore, the DVD copy software I use shows that the box is actually checked when it is not. This was the case in some, not all, of the latest betas. It is the case with the latest (6.6.2.2). It hasn't affected my burns, however, I do believe it is something that might need correcting. I have concluded, right or wrong, that AnyDVD sees the box as being "checked", when it is not. :)

Last edited:
Please elaborate.

This is the message generated: warning Writer: A 3rd party software (such as AnyDVD) prevent the drive to be locked. For safer burning operation, disable this software before starting

Again, my burns have not been affected and I don't expect them to, it's just that this message should not be there when the drive is not selected. It only started this with the last round of betas and at least one of those acted properly. I do realize that you might say that is an issue with my DVD copy software, however, I respectfully disagree. With previous versions of AnyDVD, before this last round of betas, any settings changes I made stayed that way until I manually changed them again. When I uncheck the "drive selection" box for my burner, it's checked again after reboot. I have also noticed that once in a while the box does stay unchecked upon reboot and I have further noticed that when this happens the message does not appear in my DVD copy software. If you do determine this to be a "non issue", no problem.

:)

Last edited:
This is the message generated: warning Writer: A 3rd party software (such as AnyDVD) prevent the drive to be locked. For safer burning operation, disable this software before starting

Which software is saying this?

EDIT: AnyDVD should not prevent a drive to be "locked", software has full access to the drive - or should have. (whatever is meant by the word "locked", I honestly have no idea... lock the tray, that it cannot be opened?)

Last edited:

pro?

Please post an AnyDVD logfile with a disc in the drive you want disabled, I cannot reproduce the drive selection problem.

And you should probably take a look at elby CloneDVD2, it is really a wonderful piece of software. ;)

pro?

Please post an AnyDVD logfile with a disc in the drive you want disabled, I cannot reproduce the drive selection problem.

And you should probably take a look at elby CloneDVD2, it is really a wonderful piece of software. ;)

The disc would be "blank" as "my issue":rolleyes: occurs at the "burn process". As far as decrypting, box checked or unchecked, works properly. If I only used one drive for "reading" & "writing", then I would expect the message and ignore it. It's such a "trivial" issue that I wasn't even going to bring it up in this Forum, however, I was reading the other thread about the "empty drive" message popping up and that's when I decided to throw this out there.

As far as switching DVD copy software, I'm loyal to a fault! :agree:

The disc would be "blank" as "my issue":rolleyes: occurs at the "burn process".

Just insert a normal original DVD movie and create a logfile.

Another thought, if you change the drive selection, click "ok", exit AnyDVD, start it again, is drive still disabled?

If you reboot now, does it stay disabled? Is it an external drive? (I would know by now if you had posted a logfile ;) )
Does the drive letter change between reboots? If yes, try to assign a fixed letter.

Just insert a normal original DVD movie and create a logfile.

Another thought, if you change the drive selection, click "ok", exit AnyDVD, start it again, is drive still disabled?

If you reboot now, does it stay disabled? Is it an external drive? (I would know by now if you had posted a logfile ;) )
Does the drive letter change between reboots? If yes, try to assign a fixed letter.

This is the log file for my burner with the box checked:
I restarted AnyDVD and the box remained unchecked. I rebooted and the box remained unchecked. I do think that I noticed before, that if I unchecked the drive selection box, then restart AnyDVD and then reboot, the box does remain unchecked. Drive letter does not change. :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.2_Info_E_PANIC_ROOM_SUPERBIT.zip
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
I restarted AnyDVD and the box remained unchecked. I rebooted and the box remained unchecked. I do think that I noticed before, that if I unchecked the drive selection box, then restart AnyDVD and then reboot, the box does remain unchecked. Drive letter does not change. :)

So, it is working now?

If you are still experiencing problems, I suggest you use ImgBurn to remove this filter the optical drive stack:

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.8.0 (1.1.8.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc
Product: eSATA Removable drive filter driver
Copyright: Copyright © 2005-2007 Silicon Image, Inc
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
Trademarks: SATALink is a trademark or registered trademark of Silicon Image, Inc.
FileVersion: 1.1.8.0
ProductVersion: 1.1.8.0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

If you are still experiencing problems, I suggest you use ImgBurn to remove this filter the optical drive stack:

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.8.0 (1.1.8.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc
Product: eSATA Removable drive filter driver
Copyright: Copyright © 2005-2007 Silicon Image, Inc
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
Trademarks: SATALink is a trademark or registered trademark of Silicon Image, Inc.
FileVersion: 1.1.8.0
ProductVersion: 1.1.8.0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

Thanks James, when I copy some more movies I will see if unchecking the box and then restarting AnyDVD will resolve the issue. If it doesn't, I will just ignore the issue. The filter you cited is for my "docking station" for an extra HDD. Thanks again.
Larry

The filter you cited is for my "docking station" for an extra HDD.

I don't think the external HDD will need the filter in the *optical drive* stack, which is for CD/DVD/BD/HD DVD drives only.
You don't need to delete the driver file (and you shouldn't! It could render your machine inoperable!), but you can remove it from the optical drive stack using ImgBurn. But if you don't have any problems, you can leave it, of course.

I don't think the external HDD will need the filter in the *optical drive* stack, which is for CD/DVD/BD/HD DVD drives only.
You don't need to delete the driver file (and you shouldn't! It could render your machine inoperable!), but you can remove it from the optical drive stack using ImgBurn. But if you don't have any problems, you can leave it, of course.

Thanks. :)

I have found that when I uncheck the box for my "burner" under "Drive Selection", every time I reboot, my settings revert back to "default" and I have to "uncheck" the box again. Furthermore, the DVD copy software I use shows that the box is actually checked when it is not. This was the case in some, not all, of the latest betas. It is the case with the latest (6.6.2.2). It hasn't affected my burns, however, I do believe it is something that might need correcting. I have concluded, right or wrong, that AnyDVD sees the box as being "checked", when it is not. :)

:agree:I'm also having the same issue with the Drive selection feature of AnyDvd 6622 beta reverting back to default, "even if UNchecked" after a a reboot of my computer. All other features of AnyDvd seem to stay checked or unchecked based on user selections.

:agree:I'm also having the same issue with the Drive selection feature of AnyDvd 6622 beta reverting back to default, "even if UNchecked" after a a reboot of my computer. All other features of AnyDvd seem to stay checked or unchecked based on user selections.

Logfile, please....

Logfile, please....

Followed your advise about Unchecking drive selection, Hit Ok; then reopen Anydvd and reboot. Drive remained unchecked. Thanks

Just never have had this issue before. That's why I posted.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.2_Info_G_LAW_ABIDING_CITIZEN.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 1
Followed your advise about Unchecking drive selection, Hit Ok; then reopen Anydvd and reboot. Drive remained unchecked. Thanks

Just never have had this issue before. That's why I posted.

Thanks. What did you do when it *didn't* work? I'm trying hard to reproduce the problem, but I can't.

Thanks. What did you do when it *didn't* work? I'm trying hard to reproduce the problem, but I can't.

James,
The only time that this can be reproduced is: When I UNcheck one of my drives in the drive selection window of AnyDvd then select the OK Icon which closes AnyDvd. So, now if AnyDvd is not used prior to a reboot the Drive Unchecked is now "Checked" again in the drive selection window after a reboot of my computer.(Default):confused: Other than this; which is no big thing, the software is the best on the Planet for what it does!!!:rock:

James,
The only time that this can be reproduced is: When I UNcheck one of my drives in the drive selection window of AnyDvd then select the OK Icon which closes AnyDvd. So, now if AnyDvd is not used prior to a reboot the Drive Unchecked is now "Checked" again in the drive selection window after a reboot of my computer.(Default):confused:

I see. It looks like the settings aren't saved on shutdown. Next version will save the drive selection in the registry directly after you've changed them. This should fix this problem.

Back