• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download Speed Of Media

Yeah, I'm in the boonies BUT... I am part of 4 country roads that only get DSL, whereas in every other direction from us everyone has access to super high speeds. It's like our 4 roads are in the middle of LOST country!

Dial-up. Where I live we were stuck with Dial up until 2002. But now we have satellite service. It's expensive but I am lucky to be in a zone that has Gigabit service and I can get it for free. Google is the provider.
Tell Google about me, will ya? Maybe they'll give me free Sat service as well lol!

I've been using AD+ almost a month on a Wi-Fi only laptop linked to my router, running Win10. I live within half a mile of the local telecom distribution place, so signal fall-off should not be a problem. I have plenty of RAM but the processor is 1.5GHz, not the 2GHz stated in System Requirements. Even so, at first DLs ran at what I consider full speed (around 25Mb/s on my 32Mb/s contract). Then the program crashed a couple of times in the first few days, possibly because I built up a VERY long list (I now keep it fairly short), and now DL speed varies between 1.0Mb/s and about 3.5Mb/s. In Settings, my concurrent downloads are the default 4 and my download speed has remained at Unlimited since installing. I've tried clearing caches and all that and rebooting as recommended by RedFox 1 and am installing latest software versions as they become available, all to no avail. I'm downloading maximum resolution available, thinking forward in terms of improved displays. 40-minute TV episodes take over an hour. Movies take 2-3 hours or longer, depending on run time. I'm prepared to put up with it, but any suggestions to resolve this would be most welcome.

You will find that your speeds have nothing to do with this program. It has everything to do with the provider and your internet provider 25 mb/s downloading is great, normal. It should take about 5 minutes or less for a 4Gb/s movie. That said, it has a ton to do with the throughput of your computer and when the provider and your internet company are being bogged down by overload. This is nothing we can fix because it has nothing to do with the program, 99% of our customers are fine, and the other 1% have issues as you have explained. Try downloading at off-peak hours when everyone is at work or school. I have no cure for you.

Thanks. And yet, other downloads are nothing like so slow. As you say, it must be the source servers.

I'm curious what the fastest anyone has seen the services download at. I've just tried my first handful over the last two days, mostly from Amazon and a few from Hulu and one from Netflix (don't have HBO to test that). Seeing the CDN speed serve up files at signficantly different speed from title to title and even varied within a title. Mostly they seem to get to speed and level off but some jumped up half way through. Worst ones were in the low teens and the best ones were the low 90's MBps. Nothing has gone mulit-gig.

On Amazon I tried some older smaller titles vs newer tentpole titles with the assumption that the bigger ones would be cached and much faster but that didn't pan out from my limited samples. So I don't have a hypothesis for why one title will be super slow and another blazing fast.

I'm curious what the fastest anyone has seen the services download at. I've just tried my first handful over the last two days, mostly from Amazon and a few from Hulu and one from Netflix (don't have HBO to test that). Seeing the CDN speed serve up files at signficantly different speed from title to title and even varied within a title. Mostly they seem to get to speed and level off but some jumped up half way through. Worst ones were in the low teens and the best ones were the low 90's MBps. Nothing has gone mulit-gig.

On Amazon I tried some older smaller titles vs newer tentpole titles with the assumption that the bigger ones would be cached and much faster but that didn't pan out from my limited samples. So I don't have a hypothesis for why one title will be super slow and another blazing fast.

When you are downloading, different CDNs, in different locations, under different load, speed will vary greatly. This is to be expected. You have to also understand AS is downloading files and the services/CDNs are meant for streaming. While mechanically at a low level those are the same thing, they function very differently at the device. The CDN is going to prioritize stability and streaming a show to a TV without it buffering, vs providing blazing download speeds.

When you are downloading, different CDNs, in different locations, under different load, speed will vary greatly. This is to be expected. You have to also understand AS is downloading files and the services/CDNs are meant for streaming. While mechanically at a low level those are the same thing, they function very differently at the device. The CDN is going to prioritize stability and streaming a show to a TV without it buffering, vs providing blazing download speeds.
Not sure why you are repeating what I just said back to me but again, yes, it is interesting how varied the speed can be from the CDN's from title to title.
I asked what the fastest folks are seeing simply because I was curious if anyone has experienced any ultra fast delivery. I'm actually surprised an individual stream was allowed to be delivered as fast as it was.

Not sure why you are repeating what I just said back to me but again, yes, it is interesting how varied the speed can be from the CDN's from title to title.
I asked what the fastest folks are seeing simply because I was curious if anyone has experienced any ultra fast delivery. I'm actually surprised an individual stream was allowed to be delivered as fast as it was.
I did not at all repeat what you said back to you. You were pondering why there are such speed differences. So I explained technically why there are.

Okay, folks, everyone's speed is going to variate, its stems from a multitude of resources. Your Internet provider, your Hard drive speed to the throughput that your computer can all be a bit different but every movies or episodes 5GB/s or smaller should download in less than 5 minutes, some can do it in 2 minutes and some may take a bit longer. It all depends on the configuration you are working with. This is not a race, we all want the best result. That's why we gave you speed settings in the Setting panel of the program. It gets the job done in a minimum amount of time. Have fun using the software. Enjoy all your movies.

Reactions: DQ
I'm curious what the fastest anyone has seen the services download at.
for me NF at around 100-120MB/s on my 10gig fiber with a 2.5gig NIC. others half slower here in the SUI, AP being very, very finicky and sometimes crawls all the way down to 5MB/s, lol. but then it just magically jumps to 40MB/s. and then, magically, drops again. but usually it is ok.

Last edited:
for me NF at around 100-120MB/s on my 1gig fiber with a 2.5gig NIC. others half slower here in the SUI, AP being very, very finicky and sometimes crawls all the way down to 5MB/s, lol. but then it just magically jumps to 40MB/s. and then, magically, drops again. but usually it is ok.
Interesting, you are certainly maxing your 1gig connection if you saw towards 120. You aren't missing anything though as I have 5gig fiber and fastest I've seen sustained is just over 100.
For AP, yeah, that one is more all over the place with most hanging in the high 30's with a few really slow moments and some reaching 90's.

Interesting, you are certainly maxing your 1gig connection if you saw towards 120. You aren't missing anything though as I have 5gig fiber and fastest I've seen sustained is just over 100.
For AP, yeah, that one is more all over the place with most hanging in the high 30's with a few really slow moments and some reaching 90's.
sorry, i meant 10gig, lol. but only have a 2.5gbit NIC via USB. but yeah, yesterday i got around 150MB/s from usenet, and thats rare. but yeah, NF has top speeds for me around here. i wish i never left the US, i would like to know what speeds i would be getting there. but then again i wouldnt have 10gig fiber for 90$ a month. maybe half a gig, dunno how spectrum is holding in the carolinas these days. maaaaaybe 1gig is now, but then again that would have to be fiber, or not? anyways... first world problems, hahahahah. cheers.

I'm writing this get everyone's pity so that they will forever be kind to me.

On a really really good day I might get 7 Mbps down.
A normal day is this:

View attachment 72626
at least 3 days/month I get less than 1.

My day-job is rebooting my router and modem to see that magical 7 number! ;-)

Look what Santa brought!

1697737320729.png

Finally I'm living in the new world!!! I'm so happy. I'm calling everyone I know to tell them I can download something now and it takes less than 3 hours!

Back