• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does rip to harddisk remove Cinavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it works every time on this machine from an ISO and that's all I have as my disc is at work, can't test it on the other machine until I'm back at work, but I may have something installed on it that interferes as my work machine is loaded with editing software and codecs to go with them, any of which may cause problems.

Here's the problem IMO. Stated ISO when attempting burn with cloneBD results in program freezing at same clip, for both myself and adbear, over and over using multiple discs of Mockingjay 1, same thing happens. Now tried Mockingjay 2 totally different movie, year later, same freeze at same clip as Mockingjay 1.Seems like they found something that works, protection wise and hasn't been dealt with.

Must be something anyDVD/cloneBD can't handle. If no cinavia, would have had clean copy via anyDVD/IMGburn ISO. Thing is, Part 1 came out last year, part 2 last week. Had to be encountered before by someone here. Maybe not bluray. I think it needs analyzed by those in the know and dealt with accordingly, as any other protection scheme. Especially since last years and this years releases failing with identical causes.

Yep, I concur. Doesn't appear to be some sort of AACS issue. More similar to the old 'bad sector' trick, from back in the day, used on games. :) But more sophisticated, of course. The AnyDVD-HD team would do well to study this carefully.

Not literally, no. :) But they may have found a way to sneak in a similar, physical-disc dependency nonetheless.

I agree with you. Something's wrong with breaking this particular protection methodology. Seemingly can't be done as of now. Googled "bluray copier", DL'ed first thing that came up and, like IMGburn, it successfully backed up Mockinjay 2.

But with cinavia despite it gave me opportunity to uncheck AC3 Dolby and just use the plain AC3 like cloneBD, but anyDVD didn't turn purple so it wasn't using it. CloneBD does but cant get past the reading phase :( like these others. If cloneBD won't or can't do it, need to find program that will use anyDVD to defeat cinavia. Seems like anything but cloneBD will back them up.

2 years running same scheme, same results. Multiple originals from 2 years. Same lack of success using cloneBD/anyDVD with ISO, partial movie, 1:1 clone, you name it, freezes at same clip with any and all movies.

There's are no other programs that use anydvd to defeat cinavia. Add your were told before. It's not CloneBD that's using anydvd to defeat it, it's anydvd that's using CloneBD to defeat it. ANYDVD taps into CloneBD, CloneBD doesn't know or care that anydvd is doing that. As such there are no other applications that use anydvd and it's unlikely that anydvd will get updated to tap into other software. That would open a waterfall of request for 'can you add anydvd cinavia removal support for copy program XXXX'. Not only would that needlessly add complicated code to anydvd, it would inflate the installer size and increase chances for things to go wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Not literally, no. :) But they may have found a way to sneak in a similar, physical-disc dependency nonetheless.
If that were the case then why does the disc work perfectly fine if you aren't converting the audio? It's only when you tell it to convert the HD audio that it gives a problem and then only on some machines and only on file 520. So far with the ISO of Mockingjay 1 I can't get it to go wrong on my laptop, but on my work system it would fail every time from folder when converting the audio but not if you leave it untouched (when I'm back at work I'm going to make a new ISO and see if that fails), although as I've already said that machine is loaded with multiple editing packages and codecs for those packages, any one of which may be causing the issue on that machine.

Have also just tried Mockingjay Pt 2 (US version) and that works no problems from ISO, folder or disc

On Monday I'll build a new system with Win 10 on it and see if that works.

@mcmenace
What happens if you try going back to 1.0.7.6

Last edited:
[USER=88926 said:
@mcmenace
What happens if you try going back to 1.0.7.6

It deleted itself from my desktop (Win10??) and don't know where to get it. Thought of trying that already but can't seem to find a DL of it, thanks. Made an ISO of M. Part 2. But don't expect results to change. Did try movie and it stopped at same clip as with Pt. 1. But since no coasters, will try today. Wife in hospital so haven't had usual time to do things, but did with M. Pt. 1

There's are no other programs that use anydvd to defeat cinavia. Add your were told before. It's not CloneBD that's using anydvd to defeat it, it's anydvd that's using CloneBD to defeat it. ANYDVD taps into CloneBD, CloneBD doesn't know or care that anydvd is doing that. As such there are no other applications that use anydvd and it's unlikely that anydvd will get updated to tap into other software. That would open a waterfall of request for 'can you add anydvd cinavia removal support for copy program XXXX'. Not only would that needlessly add complicated code to anydvd, it would inflate the installer size and increase chances for things to go wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

OK, I understand all that. I get it ;)

Still doesn't answer why can't I back up Mockingjay 1 or 2 then with anyDVD/cloneBD as I should with those 2 in combination. Remember I've been at this a long time. In all my years with anyDVD first time it's let me down and doesn't seem like anybody that can will do anything. You can see adbear having same problems.Haven't heard any users saying they got it either.

As I said, tried every possible combination with multiple movies, eliminated all variables like dirty disc, everything I could think of. No backup.......2 movies a year apart, same results. Very frustrating, especially when junk copiers will do it except for cinavia. cloneBD just freezes and stops working at same point in discs a year apart. It's quite apparent it has an issue.

There's a zipped version attached to the last post in this thread
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/1-0-7-9-and-star-wars.68900/#post-432109

Thanks guys, Mockingjay Pt.1 now burned and playing great. No problems or cinavia. Just like any and all other movies I've backed up over the years. Doing Pt.2 now, expect same results.

Really surprised no developer said oops maybe we goofed up when all the evidence led directly to cloneBD. CloneBD v01079 was the issue without a doubt, as v1076 does them like any other movie. I advise anybody reading this to go back to v1076 until this version is fixed. Perhaps other other movies may be affected. Thanks again, adbear and ErichV, for hitting the nail on the head.

Gotta wonder about cloneBD/Redfox relationship given the complete reluctance of Elby support to even look at this. Explained what was happening to them and return email stated "cloneBD doesn't break any protection" and that was it, like I didn't know that!!! As I said before, they used to help. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with anyDVD as it did it's job with both versions. Now what??

Well as I said, I have no issues with Mockingjay Pt 2 with 1.0.7.9 on either my work or home system, and with the original disc or ISO Mockingjay Pt 1 works on all my systems as well, just not from folder on my work system, so it appears to be an problem on certain machines with the latest build

Last edited:
I've actually had it go through a couple of times, so it seems to be hit and miss. I've had more success with a mounted ISO than anything else.

Well as I said, I have no issues with Mockingjay Pt 2 with 1.0.7.9 on either my work or home system, and with the original disc or ISO Mockingjay Pt 1 works on all my systems as well

OK...after all that it's my PC again. Not the fact 1076 works but 1079 won't :confused: Don't think so. What is it about my PC everytime I've had a problem, you say that's the reason, only to be proven wrong?? Too fast?? Too much RAM?? This brings back a bad taste in my mouth. Please don't start on me again, it's not my PC. Mockingjay 2 burning now, same ISO files sat on my desktop that wouldn't work with 1079. Pretty clear to me 1076 works 1079 doesnt. Same files, same PC. I'm glad 1079 now works for you (y). Thanks for your help. CYA. Working now, with 1076, u think it's my PC, fine. Not gonna argue with you.

As I said but you decided to cut off from the second quote, it works on my work system except from a folder, and the first quote was from before I'd done a lot more testing now on 4 different systems, and apart from my main work system that has issues from folders but works from ISO or disc the other 3 compress both films with no issues from all 3 formats, that in itself points to an issue on certain systems when using 1.0.7.9. It's not 'starting' on you it's just a plain fact otherwise 1.0.7.9 wouldn't work on my systems either. Elby do need to sort the problem out, but it still doesn't stop it from being an issue on certain machines, one of which I have.

As to the 'proven wrong', far from it. You even had to get a fix from Microsoft due to the timeout issue on your graphics card causing your system to crash which could have been cleared up a lot earlier if you'd followed the instructions on how to stop it from rebooting on Bluescreen and posted up the messages, but you didn't want to do that at the time, but I suppose it's lot easier to always have a dig at me for trying to help and pointing out facts.

Last edited:
This topic has gone off topic far enough. The basic question was answered long ago.

No, ripping to HDD does not remove cinavia by itself.

Topic locked to prevent further detailing and slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back