• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does rip to harddisk remove Cinavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escher

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a brief search and didn't find the answer already.

If I choose to rip a disk to harddisk, then later use CloneBD to burn it to disk, will Cinavia be removed? Or do I have to use CloneBD to copy the disc "live" in order to have AnyDVD remove the Cinavia watermark?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a brief search and didn't find the answer already.

If I choose to rip a disk to harddisk, then later use CloneBD to burn it to disk, will Cinavia be removed? Or do I have to use CloneBD to copy the disc "live" in order to have AnyDVD remove the Cinavia watermark?

The below link explains how the process works

http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-re...with-anydvd-hd-and-clonebd-combination-75695/

Scroll down to where it says "Slysoft removes Cinavia signal from Blu-ray movies with AnyDVD HD and CloneBD combination"

Note: Article is a year old and CloneBD has been updated several times since it was posted.

Last edited:
Anydvd only removes cinavia when used in combination with CloneBD processing. What does work is ripping to HDD first with anydvd and later processing in CloneBD. As long as you select 'downscale audio to ac3' the fox icon will turn purple and the signal removed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Anydvd only removes cinavia when used in combination with CloneBD processing. What does work is ripping to HDD first with anydvd and later processing in CloneBD. As long as you select 'downscale audio to ac3' the fox icon will turn purple and the signal removed.

Ok, that was my original question. So I'm guessing I'm ok then. Just need to remember the audio downscale option. When I've used that before I've ended up with audio that slows down and speeds up, so I normally leave it at the HD audio setting.

Question

I create a non-protected iso with "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy" box UNCHECKED

I mount the non-protected iso with Virtual CloneDrive

I check the box "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy"

Will CloneBD still be able to remove the cinavia signal?

@Escher that audio speedup is a side effect of the removal.

@just curious I don't see why not, as long as you reprocess with audio downscaling. Anydvd will detect the downscaling and apply the fix.

@Ch3vr0n ... wish I saw this reply before I posted about the issue in the CloneBD forum. :) Ok, that's good to know, but it kind of sucks. Especially that it happens on a disc with no Cinavia. Downscaling by itself shouldn't be affecting the audio stream like that, I wouldn't think.

Its anydvd that's applying the fix through CloneBD, CloneBD doesn't know it's going on it just processes the audio. Downscaling on its own doesn't do that no. Untick the 'remove cinavia in ANYDVD' and the speedup won't happen when downscaling. You only enable that anydvd setting when you're processing a cinavia disc, otherwise the fix will be applied even when there's nothing to remove.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Its anydvd that's applying the fix through CloneBD, CloneBD doesn't know it's going on it just processes the audio. Downscaling on its own doesn't do that no. Untick the 'remove cinavia in ANYDVD' and the speedup won't happen when downscaling. You only enable that anydvd setting when you're processing a cinavia disc, otherwise the fix will be applied even when there's nothing to remove.

That makes a lot of sense, though I'd hope that the checkbox would only affect a stream where Cinivia was detected. Seems like an easy enough check to make prior to actually modifying the stream.

No because anydvd can't detect if the signal is present or not. Basically by enabling that setting you're telling anydvd to check if audio is being downscaled (NOT if the signal exists), and if it is to apply the fix whether or not the signal is actually there.

No because anydvd can't detect if the signal is present or not. Basically by enabling that setting you're telling anydvd to check if audio is being downscaled (NOT if the signal exists), and if it is to apply the fix whether or not the signal is actually there.

I see. I recall seeing a warning in CloneBD about Cinivia being present before. Could that detection code not find it's way to AnyDVD?

Yup, but that's CloneBD detecting it not anydvd. Not sure how the actual detecting works but I assume it somehow does a quick processing of the audio to find out if it's there. That's simply not something anydvd is designed to do. Totally different ballgame.

Hmmm... I write it and I think, it will be good implement cinavia removal for same any dvd. People want for example only rip or create iso with film, not clonning. De facto option creation iso without protection hd dvds and blurays is nonsense. Sorry for my opinion. But if I rip with turn of option "save protection" on iso, I want see any effect.

But it does remove the protection(s). Only Cinavia remains because it's part of the audio stream that cannot be removed without reprocessing the audio itself. What's more AnyDVD let's you playback the Isos on your PC by suppressing Cinavia detection by players like Power DVD. Or you use an independent player that does not detect Cinavia at all.

Cinavia is not a protection, its a DRM. Anydvd doesn't remove cinavia on its own, and DVD support isn't available yet for cinavia.

Which is a copy protection mechanism. They can call it what they want but DRM's purpose is to restriction the ability to make (backup) copies which makes it a copy protection to me.

"In order to remove the Cinavia signal, CloneBD has to modify the audio and therefore requires the option”convert HD Audio to AC3″ to be enabled."

I just like to say one thing to that: ... LOL. No seriously, I respect the makers of AnyDVDHD, but converting my DTS-MA to AC3 is not what I would 'removing' Cinavia. I'd call that 'utterly butchering my HD audio.' Couldn't they, at the very least, re-encode to something like 24-bit LPCM?! AC3, honestly, yikes.

It's not that easy as you put it. There's no open source or freeware HD audio encoder on existence, and lpcm takes up a huge amount of space which could otherwise used for video quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back