• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does AS use any search key words?

Yep, I have an HDMI splitter box that strips the HDCP signal and capture box that I can attach a USB stick or external drive to for real-time HD mpeg file capturing of streamed / displayed content (at 720p or 1080p). Works pretty good - occasionally get a file with a second or two here and there with a bit of skip or jump (usually running a chkdsk /f/r on the capture stick or drive helps keep the capture files clean) but it's not my preferred solution. Nothing beats AS+ even with the current DRM challenges.

Where does one get a hdmi splitter device like you mention here? I would like to be able to grab a copy of things that I can't get from other methods (from time to time). Feel free to message me direct if you don't feel comfortable posting in the forum. Thanks

Where does one get a hdmi splitter device like you mention here? I would like to be able to grab a copy of things that I can't get from other methods (from time to time). Feel free to message me direct if you don't feel comfortable posting in the forum. Thanks

Be very leary of any youtube video demonstrating devices that by-pass\disable HDCP. While the device might have bypassed HDCP at the time the video was made, frequently new versions of the device do not. If the YT video is more than a couple of months old, its best to be cautious about spending your money. Returning and getting your money back likely will take a lot of work\time, even if it is possible. If there is a chance you think you'll return it,buy from Amazon.

Check out this Amazon reseller: https://www.amazon.com/stores/ClonerAlliance/page/6E93ABAA-F148-48A7-AAA6-A1EC9FA33EFC?ref_=ast_bln

I bought ClonerAlliance Box Pro because it does not require a PC. It will record directly to a thumb drive or USB HDD.

Generally, such devices will handle everything up to 1080p @60fps, but not above. There are many that won't capture above 720p @30fps.

As far as I have been able to determine all such by-pass devices come from China, many come from a single manufacture, which then are branded with different names and sold at a wide range of prices, including grifters that will advertize that for $25 you will get 4K capture @ 120fps. You'll be lucky to receive something that is even worth $25. They maybe even sell the same device at different prices, they just list different features to entice people to spend more. You get the same device if spend $25 or $300. Maybe throw in extra HDMI cable, and the device is different color. :)

Last edited:
@Water Faucet -
  1. HDMI Out from Roku to the Splitter In (got it on Amazon for about $20 - maybe less)
  2. Splitter Out #1 to ClonerAlliance Pro (capture device that @nrnoble mentioned, about $130 when I bought it - attach a fast 32gb thumb drive or portable USB HDD)
  3. ClonerAlliance Out to TV HDMI In
The splitter I have is ViewHD model VHD1X2MN3D. The Capture device is also on Amazon (pretty nice, has a remote control, captures only at 720p or 1080p, no higher). It takes some experimentation and trial and error but it's mostly an out-of-the-box setup.

EDIT: I can provide some tips and tricks if you decide to go with this setup - there are some quirks to be aware of when powering everything on.

Last edited:
Back