• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does AS use any search key words?

nrnoble

I am trying to create an AS search for TCM movies that are included with HBOMAX, but have not yet found a way to craft a search to find them.

And in general, I would like to know what data AS is searching and if there are keywords that can be used to refine the search results. While having the option to use Regular Expressions might be too complicated for most people, some type of advanced search would be helpful.

with HMAX you can use 'my list', although AS only displays cca 20 items from it. when in doubt, just put 'TCM movies" or 'TCM' in HMAX search box in AS. i do such searches when i try to find something new, e.g. 'horror movies' or '80s'. not perfect, but sometimes it kind of works.

I am trying to create an AS search for TCM movies that are included with HBOMAX, but have not yet found a way to craft a search to find them.

And in general, I would like to know what data AS is searching and if there are keywords that can be used to refine the search results. While having the option to use Regular Expressions might be too complicated for most people, some type of advanced search would be helpful.
Hope this helps: I have been dl TCM movies for years with Video Downloader Ultimate via https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm... I have over a thousand movies and shorts from TCM in my Plex library from this approach.

Hope this helps: I have been dl TCM movies for years with Video Downloader Ultimate via https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm... I have over a thousand movies and shorts from TCM in my Plex library from this approach.

A) is that a downloader or screen recorder?
b) TCM.com requires cable subscription, right?

id be willing to sub to YTV or expand my HULU with livetv if VDU is a straight downloader (au pair TubeDigger, which i use for PLUTOTV downloads, albeit i have to download one episode at a time or i can queue them but only if i copy links from webrowser for each item, but it works, for subtitles as well). thanks.

A) is that a downloader or screen recorder?
downloader. it presents a list of different resolutions available for each video file found on a given URL and dl's the selected file (at 5x to 10x speed - never measured it exactly).

b) TCM.com requires cable subscription, right?
yes that is correct. you have to log in with your cable / service provider which includes a TCM subscription.

id be willing to sub to YTV or expand my HULU with livetv if VDU is a straight downloader (au pair TubeDigger, which i use for PLUTOTV downloads, albeit i have to download one episode at a time or i can queue them but only if i copy links from webrowser for each item, but it works, for subtitles as well). thanks.
be aware that VDU does not deal with DRM content. TCM.com evidently does not use DRM technology.

be aware that VDU does not deal with DRM content. TCM.com evidently does not use DRM technology.

yeah, i figured thats the case, same as tubedigger aka noDRM downloads. i tried VSO downloader, but nothing worked, not even youtube. will think about getting TV sub for a month and desecrate TCM's website, lol. i want every movie, trailer, featurette, interview and whatnotsa! hahahah, cheers.

Which Video Downloader Ultimate are you using? There is one from Nero, another from "videodownloaderultimate.com" and another from softonic- I've tried to use downloader feature on Wondershare Unicoverter with TCM in the past and had no luck.

none, i tried VSO downloader whih afaik should be the same. which one are you using? i saw the one from NERO (30$) and the one from VDU.com (starts at 10$). never heard of the third one you mentioned. which one do you use?

Wondershare (used to be iSkySoft). Has a downloader and screen recorder in the Uniconverter, but downloader doesn't work with TCM.

Which Video Downloader Ultimate are you using? There is one from Nero, another from "videodownloaderultimate.com" and another from softonic- I've tried to use downloader feature on Wondershare Unicoverter with TCM in the past and had no luck.

it's by Link64. The latest version is 1.0.1.181 but try to find a slightly older version (I use 1.0.1.171) - the later revs have problems with https protocol but the older revs work (newer revs have some sort of root certificate issue for https secure sites that I can't get working but 1.0.1.171 works fine with secure site like TCM).

upload_2022-1-5_17-19-30.png

with HMAX you can use 'my list', although AS only displays cca 20 items from it. when in doubt, just put 'TCM movies" or 'TCM' in HMAX search box in AS. i do such searches when i try to find something new, e.g. 'horror movies' or '80s'. not perfect, but sometimes it kind of works.

Yeah, I tried many different combinations and also searched this forum for possible threads that previously discussed this topic. "TCM", "Turner Classic Movies" and "MGM" were the first search terms I tried. I have pretty decent internet search skills and can use Regular Expressions to track down very specific information if I need to.

My observation is that AS is just doing a basic text search of the metadata for each title:

results = metaData.includes.toLower(userInputText)

Doing a search on "Sup" will find all words (strings) such as Superman, superhero, superfast, support, supremacy

To avoid any misunderstanding, my question is not a complaint, it is a request for more information about how to refine searches within AS. If currently, search is nothing more than searching for words in the title, I am OK with that, I just want to know if AS search is capable of doing anything more using filtering keywords.

Last edited:

Thanks, HBOMAX has all the same TCM movies, is more a matter of finding what is available. I can, for example, go to the HBOMAX website and do a search for TCM movies there, then once I find a few I want, I just use AS to download those specific titles. It works, just extra steps involved. If there is no way to simplify that process right now, I can live with it. I am just investigating if there is something I am overlooking.

it's by Link64. The latest version is 1.0.1.181 but try to find a slightly older version (I use 1.0.1.171) - the later revs have problems with https protocol but the older revs work (newer revs have some sort of root certificate issue for https secure sites that I can't get working but 1.0.1.171 works fine with secure site like TCM).

View attachment 62453

Can the root certificate it wants to install be trusted? Because without it, the trial version isn't finding anything.Screenshot 2022-01-05 18.55.38.png

Thanks, HBOMAX has all the same TCM movies, is more a matter of finding what is available. I can, for example, go to the HBOMAX website and do a search for TCM movies there, then once I find a few I want, I just use AS to download those specific titles. It works, just extra steps involved. If there is no way to simplify that process right now, I can live with it. I am just investigating if there is something I am overlooking.
Yep, ok. I saw the TCM stuff on HBOMax, but that consumes download tokens here and I can get the same content without burning tokens on TCM stuff, soooo.... :)

Your solution is similar to what I do for other stuff though, I use my Roku with my big screen samsung TV to browse the providers and add stuff I want to get to "My Stuff" or my watch lists, then access those lists in AS+ for dl

Last edited:
Yep, ok. I saw the TCM stuff on HBOMax, but that consumes download tokens here and I can get the same content without burning tokens on TCM stuff, soooo.... :)

Your solution is similar to what I do for other stuff though, I use my Roku with my big screen samsung TV to browse the providers and add stuff I want to get to "My Stuff" or my watch lists, then access those lists in AS+ for dl

I had not thought about the token issue.

BTW, since you like classic movies, be sure to check out the Roku Channel "Classic Reel". It does require a $3.99 subscription, but it is nearly as good as TCM. I ignored it for several years because I thought it was just another crappy public domain film channel filled with 2-3 minute commercial breaks every 7 minutes. Classic Reel has no ads. It's interface is pretty basic, but there are couple thousand movies that are DVD quality. It looks almost like someone's private Classics collection that has been ripped from DVD\Blu-ray; None are TV\DVR recordings; 100s of movies that I have never heard of before with well-known actors from the 30s - 70s; major studio releases (not low budget B movies) that likely weren't a critical nor commercial success at the time they were released. None, or very few, can be found on TCM. The downside, its only available on Roku (no website, no mobile app, no Firestick, etc) thus no way to download the movies without using a HDMI direct real time capture box (from China with HDCP disabled).

Overall the content provider behind this channel is rather mysterious; typical leading\trailing copyright notices have been removed. :)

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/83075d798ada4f8f8b60d65858649388/classic-reel

Last edited:
... no way to download the movies without using a HDMI direct real time capture box (from China with HDCP disabled).

Yep, I have an HDMI splitter box that strips the HDCP signal and capture box that I can attach a USB stick or external drive to for real-time HD mpeg file capturing of streamed / displayed content (at 720p or 1080p). Works pretty good - occasionally get a file with a second or two here and there with a bit of skip or jump (usually running a chkdsk /f/r on the capture stick or drive helps keep the capture files clean) but it's not my preferred solution. Nothing beats AS+ even with the current DRM challenges.

Last edited:
... BTW, since you like classic movies, be sure to check out the Roku Channel "Classic Reel". ...

I wanted to preview it before subscribing, but there was no option to do that... also no screenshots on Roku in the channel info. So I decided to just dive in and give it a go. Glad I did! Obviously some waste of celluloid there, but quite a few hidden gems as well! Think I'm going to like it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back