• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DivX files no longer play on PS3 after 1.9.0.1 update

V11JPR

Fast News Inserted 21 July 2013
===========================================
From a customer: Just called Sony Tech Support at 1-800-222-7669 and they informed me that my Blu-Ray BDP S790 will not support DIVX
===========================================

This is not the only device that may not play DIVX. Use the PlayStation3 profile.

end of info insertion
============================================================================================================================

after the latest update 1.9.0.1 dvds i copy to DivX (AVI) format wont play on PS3 anymore (unsupported data message) the file plays on all other devices xbox, pc, car stereo just not PS3 before update it all worked fine. i've checked on a PS3 system that hasn't been updated and it still won't play so it is 100% down to the clone dvd mobile update. has anyone else got this problem and can i sort it myself? i haven't a clue what the problem is as i'm not that computer literate its really frustrating as it all worked fine before the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Verified, will not play. Made the same AVI with different software and it played so the issue is with CMD. DivX5 plays DivX4 does not.

Not universally supported

CloneDVD mobile uses libxvid and it is a standard.

PS3 will NOT support all forms of AVI files.

no, we will not change CloneDVD mobile to support the PS3.

See: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27166115

Evidently sony expects certain properties and is therefore dancing their own dance since the output files play on other DIVX/AVI devices.

OK by me Frank, just verifying for the OP. One should never put all the eggs in one basket!

we will not change CloneDVD mobile to support the PS3.

Hmmm...
There's a PS3 profile listed in CloneDVD mobile.
According to post #1, it worked before he updated to 1.9.0.1.

So just out of curiosity, what happened along the way?

Last edited:
Right, but ....

lavfopts=format=mp4

is the file format for the PS3 profiles we support.

That is not AVI is it.

The PS3 plays the mp4 made by CDM fine. The PS3 will also play DivX .avi files made by CDM or did before 1.9.0.1 and still will made by other sources. The PS3 profile works great.

again

If you use the intended profile in CDm it will work.
Using 1806 did not produce a DIVX file that played either so let's not hang this on the 1901 release.

Read this carefully:

For the generic DIVX profile nothing has been changed and we still use the standard for that. What worked in the past is not of interest in this point.
We support the PS3 with the MP4 standard output and will not do anything to add AVI for that when they themselves admit they won't play from all sources.

Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.0.1 breaks PS3 movie streaming

Hello,

Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.0.1 breaks PS3 movie streaming. The prior version before worked. I get an "unsupported...data type" like error.

The format I use to rip a DVD from cloneDVD Mobile was the Generic (DIVX)/NTSC format...used to always work, until I went to version Clone DVD Mobile 1.9.0.1

So,

I'm assuming that this is CMD's fault then? Because I too used CMD prior to version 1.9.0.1, and it worked, now after the fact I can no longer play any file transcoded by this version. Where can I re-download the prior version of CMD?

All,

I just verified that v1.9.0.1 of CloneDVDMobile is the culprit...

I uninstalled this version, searched the CloneDVDMobile forum for the prior official release v1.8.0.0, but could not find it; the only available version after this official release was v1.8.0.1 beta -the link was still active. So, post installing v1.8.0.1 beta, selecting the preset: "*Generic (DivX)” and selecting the resolution: "720x480 (NTSC TV)", the transcoded/generated DivX.avi file now streams and plays properly on the PS3, without displaying the dreaded "Unsupported data..." error message :D. I hope SlySoft decides to fix this.

Update:

Post verification/regression testing v1.8.0.2, the Generic (DivX) Preset and 720x480 (NTSC TV) resolution, works properly; it might appear that any version after this is when the error manifested itself.

hmmmm

Considering the codec in FFMPEG has not been changed in >2years this is most unusual. We've asked for a log txt file for a go and no-go for this phenomenon.

Checking to see if this works?

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9
We need the CDm log data

There will be no movement on this until we get two CloneDVD mobile logs, one with PS3 play, and one with the failure.

And I remember we visited this issue in the past. We do not fully support DIVX/AVI for PS3 using CloneDVD mobile and if that works, cool. If not, sorry.

From the archive on this "all other devices play CDm's DiVX output .... Evidently sony expects certain properties and is therefore dancing their own dance since the output files play on other DIVX/AVI devices.

There are specific 16:9 or 4:3 option profiles in CloneDVD mobile and these both show lavfopts=format=mp4 as the preferred output file.

Anyway:

We need a log from the 1802 version for a PS3-playable DIVX/AVI conversion for a DVD. Name it 1802log.txt, zip it and attach it here

And then we need a log from >1802 CloneDVD mobile from the SAME DVD that does not play on the PS3. Name it 1806log.txt, zip it and attach it here.

Be sure to include the "save trans-coder" option.

Last edited:
Back