• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DivX files no longer play on PS3 after 1.9.0.1 update

Ok. Verified using the SAME DVD:

1. Using CloneDVDMobile 1802, *Generic (DivX)/ 720x480 (NTSC), settings it
plays on the PS3
2. Using CloneDVDMobile 1806, *Generic (DivX)/ 720x480 (NTSC), settings it
DOES NOT play on the PS3

Attached are the 1802log.txt and 1806log.txt files

Attachments

• 1802log.7z
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1806log.7z
    15.6 KB · Views: 6
Checking and clarifying

I'll pass this along but I cannot imagine where this problem could lie.

And again, repeating now the third or fourth time:

The internet is full of this error. While we cannot argue with the go/no-go scenario this is so low on the "to do" list it is nearly invisible. It is certainly not a global issue affecting thousands. Irritating for one user, yes, but a show-stopper it is not. And the AVI from CDm plays well on all other DIVX-capable devices known to man. The PS3 rhetoric indicates this hardware MAY not play AVIs that play elsewhere.

For the generic DIVX profile nothing has been changed and we still use the standard for that. Fernando may look into the logs for the difference but not anytime soon. I can not explain for the "working" log that information pertaining to a later version appears at the very end (version 1810). This is curious.

OK, now for the 3rd or 4th time:

We support the PS3 with the MP4 standard output profile in CloneDVD mobile and will not do anything to add AVI for that when they themselves admit they won't play from all sources.

Last edited:
ok. No problem. I understand that it won't be a show stopper; I get that. I test for hospital EMR/PACS systems and so we too, are resource contrained and have to go gold/pass code packages that contain irritating bugs. I just wanted to point out/ validate, based on this initial post by someone else, that anything past v1802, no longer worked for the *Generic (DivX) preset. I know, because I've been a long long time user of Slysoft products, and this setting had always worked for me until the official release of 1901 - granted I've only got 3 potential test systems at home; it was this instance and finding this post that lead me to seek more and test other beta versions, prior to this and any versions past the last known working official v1800. Hopefully, if time permits, as this is relatively minor, that a resource would regress test it to find out. Anyhow it won't bother me, as I/ others are probably going to switch to the MP4 format anyway.

Back