• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Disney+ -> What ya reckon??

Electron003

I’ve only ever subscribed to Prime here in NZ as we don’t have all the providers you enjoy elsewhere in the world -> but D+ is one of them. So…I know nothing about any of the other streaming services. Wanted to get some questions answered if possible. I realise it is limited to 720 max. So...

What info do I have to provide to subscribe?

What is the video quality like at 720 compared to Prime?

Do you get 5.1 audio?

Can you get SRT subs? How is D+ at doing subs? (forced etc) (Prime is mediocre at best).

Is it as easy to switch regions as Prime?

Do the various regions have different content like Prime, or do they all have the same content??

Is there one BEST region for D+ content?

Anything else I should know (impressions??). Thanks very muchly

What is the video quality like at 720 compared to Prime?
720 on Disney is actually quite good. Subjectively as good or better than some overcompressed 1080 from Netflix, for example.

Do you get 5.1 audio?
If the movie is encoded that way, yes.

Anything else I should know (impressions??). Thanks very muchly
I actually downloaded EVERYTHING I would ever need during my trial week. My impression was that actual numbers of titles is way lower than other providers.
But my tastes are such that I am only interested in 10% or less of ANY of these providers. YMMV

720 on Disney is actually quite good. Subjectively as good or better than some overcompressed 1080 from Netflix, for example.

If the movie is encoded that way, yes.

I actually downloaded EVERYTHING I would ever need during my trial week. My impression was that actual numbers of titles is way lower than other providers.
But my tastes are such that I am only interested in 10% or less of ANY of these providers. YMMV
Really appreciate your insight here. It helps a lot, so thank you. I did notice (at least locally) that the number if titles was reduced compared to Prime. It will probably be only a short term sub anyway.

There were almost 300 views when I replied, so was hopeful for a few more comments. Thanks again.

I think everybody should give all the providers at least a try for one month I agree with JCH.H

What else do you want to know. Disney+ is definitely worth trying for 1 month.
Was still interested in...
The info they ask for at signup
If SRT subs are available
Is there a BEST region for content?
And...the ease of switching regions with D+ (vs Prime)

Always appreciated

Yes, the program creates srt subs

Don't think there is a best region it probably depends on your needs as language dubbing won't be available everywhere

but here is a Disney+ Global search engine

It's easier to change region than Prime imo, you just change VPN server to the specified county (or proxy wich the program itself suports but i have not figured that out)
That said, like all the other providers thay are combatng VPNs.

Disney offers 5.1 audio (256kbps eac3) when available (which is more often than not) and since they own their own content they provide just about every dub available for each movie along with the subtitles. I found the best regions are Canada and Australia (they have the most content overall). It's very easy to change regions, although sometimes the VPN gets blocked and they redirect you to your base country. When that happens I just select another city and good to go again. I have not tried VPN with Amazon so I can't say if it is any easier or not.

Thanks for the input. Really appreciated. I plan to get this package in the next couple of days.

That Disney+ global thingee is just the ticket.

Many thanks :)

just logged on (it's morning here) and your questions have been answered 👍

Picked up Disney+ and got it all sorted out.

Many thanks to everyone that commented.

[…] and since they own their own content they provide just about every dub available for each movie […]
Unfortunately that's not quite true. If you're no english native speaker, you do have a good chance you'll find your desired movie or show with the matching dub, but certainly not every time. It's happened more than once to me, that from the US site the corresponding translation to european languages was missing or incomplete if the show wasn't directly available in that country. And it is all the more anoying since this happens to a couple kids shows where you can't expect the children to understand a foreign language.

The upside is, the major movies from Disney, Marvel, etc. are all available in practically every language from this planet.

Otherwise like it's already been said: The video quality is surprisingly good, even though it's only 720p. Audio is ok as well. And most of the times they even get the subs right with distinguishing between supportive and forced subs.

<unsolicited_2cents>
I am a firm believer that when watching something dubbed, you are not watching the real actor's performance. IMHO, if you are an adult, you should always watch in the original language and use the subtitles if you don't understand said language. Disney+ has subtitles in most languages but of course they always have English.

I know that's not a popular opinion in the states and won't say why i think that is as to not offend anyone but honestly it's the best way to watch "foreign" movies & tv shows. Again, IMHO.
</unsolicited_2cents>

Back