• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ Run times

jaybeekay72

Hi, i am new to this product and i must say at the moment i am loving it. The one question i have (and i'm sorry if it has already been asked and answered) is....When i'm on the actual Disney+ app it shows the running times for shows to be a certain length, however when i download the shows the running times is always shorter and sometimes by a few minutes. Is there a reason for this? is it normal? and am i actually getting the whole show or am i missing those minutes. I don't have the same issue with Netflix.

Thank You

Hi, i am new to this product and i must say at the moment i am loving it. The one question i have (and i'm sorry if it has already been asked and answered) is....When i'm on the actual Disney+ app it shows the running times for shows to be a certain length, however when i download the shows the running times is always shorter and sometimes by a few minutes. Is there a reason for this? is it normal? and am i actually getting the whole show or am i missing those minutes. I don't have the same issue with Netflix.

Thank You
Thank you for your kind words and we are very happy you enjoy the program. Sometimes there are extras in a movie, and I am just guessing, maybe those were not in the file. Keep enjoying the program.

I've noticed this, too. It's especially true for D+.

All you have to do is, go the Web page and watch the beginning and the very end of something. You may find production credits at the head (tinkerbelle over the castle, the touchstone logo, et al) and credits in multiple languages at the tail. Rarely, it may also be traled by alternate endings, deleted scenes, bloopers, etc.

This all looks like a commercial to AS, so they wisely go into the bit bucket.

D+ has at least 3-4 minutes of additional language credits at the end of most things on their platform which I believe are cut or shortened when downloaded. You can check the downloaded files to confirm.

I just grabbed Up (Pixar) which ended up being 24 seconds short. It is complete all the way to the Luxo Jr. animated Pixar logo. I can't imagine that 24 seconds as mattering.

Back