• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Disney+ Is the search age-restricted?

The Grate

Hi,
I'm currently in the trial phase, checking out AnyStream.
I wanted to download a movie from Disney+ which has an age restriction of 16 (I'm in Germany, we have age restrictions with years of age, like 6,12,16,18).

When searching on the Disney+ iPad app or in Chrome, I see the movie, but when I search with AnyStream (using the same profile), it doesn't show up!
I could not find anything in the AnyStream settings, and the Disney+ profile is set to allow all content.

To test this, you can just search for "dead" and the two Deadpool movies that are on Disney+ are not shown in AnyStream, while they are the first thing that shows up in Chrome.
I'm attaching screenshots of teh search result in Chrome and in AnyStream.

Is there some hidden setting? Or is this a restriction of the trial version?
Not gonna lie: the exclusion of content 16 and above would make AnyStream much less attractive for me.

Attachments

• DisneyPlus-AnyStream.png
    DisneyPlus-AnyStream.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • DisneyPlus-Chrome.png
    DisneyPlus-Chrome.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
The profile is set to include all content up to the 18 rating.
Otherwise I wouldn’t see the movies in the app or in the browser! It's only in AnyStream that anything with a 16 or higher rating is missing.
Here's a screenshot of the profile age restriction settings from the Disney+ iPad app.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.png
    IMG_2469.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Sorry, I cannot replicate that, tried multiple settings, but with every search I get both Movies as a result.
Can you provide a logfile?

Sorry, I cannot replicate that, tried multiple settings, but with every search I get both Movies as a result.
Can you provide a logfile?
Aren't log files only produced for actual downloads? If there is one just for the search, I can try to find it.
Out of curiosity: are you in Germany, or is the rating system in your country different? Maybe that makes a difference?

Aren't log files only produced for actual downloads? If there is one just for the search, I can try to find it.
Out of curiosity: are you in Germany, or is the rating system in your country different? Maybe that makes a difference?
Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Thank you all for your cooperation.:)

Thanks, found it! Attached is the log file. I started AnyStream new (opened on the Disney+ tab) and entered "dead" in the search bar.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.7.1.0.astlog
    79.8 KB · Views: 4
I can't reproduce it either. Only when I purposely create a kid's profile. :scratchhead:

Well, what do you know, now I was able to reproduce it ...
After my testing AnyStream eventually said "Provider Setup failed" on D+
I emptied the credentials fields in the registry (I'm too lazy to reinstall and re-do my settings) and had to log in new, now I see a different search result
1702507790739.png

Logfile is rather empty :cautious:
Will do some more testing

EDIT:
Ok, it get's stranger by the minute:
I have a secondary PC where I had another installation of AS running.
On that one the search result was complete.
Sooo, since the obvious difference was the new login on my main PC, I had the ludicrous idea to copy the Cache and CacheC registry values over from the secondary ...
Well, strangely that worked ... now I have the full search result again... what gives? :unsure:

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.7.1.0.astlog
    70.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I had the ludicrous idea to copy the Cache and CacheC registry values over from the secondary ...
Well, strangely that worked ... now I have the full search result again... what gives? :unsure:
It seems that AS does not update the login information per session. Same reason why with a VPN if I just close AS and then open it back up with VPN off, it acts as if still had VPN active.

Well, what do you know, now I was able to reproduce it ...
After my testing AnyStream eventually said "Provider Setup failed" on D+
I emptied the credentials fields in the registry (I'm too lazy to reinstall and re-do my settings) and had to log in new, now I see a different search result
Thanks for digging deeper into this! I'm glad you were able to reproduce this and to hopefully find some more hints what might be causing this issue.

I'm stumped! It works now!
All I did different was actually downloading something else. After that I typed "dead" again in the search bar, just for funsies. And all of a sudden I see the Deadpoll movies and other titles that are rated 16 and 18 (i.e. The Walking Dead).

BTW, is it normal that I can only download up to 720p from Disney+?

Attachments

• DisneyPlus-AnyStream-worksnow.png
    DisneyPlus-AnyStream-worksnow.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Yes. That is normal. Disney+ is limited to 720p

Back