• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

discs, storage devices, rambling discussion

RAID / WHS boxes and Sony Changer

Hi folks

I've been sitting on this project for 2 years now:
So, I have 1,200 DVD's (and 2 - yes, TWO BD's) I want to get onto a WHS/NAS for access ussing PCs (XP; Vista) and newly aquired PS3.
I bought a Sonly XL1B3 changer 2 years ago.
I was looking at using VistaMCE/MyMovies, but got hacked off with HP H/ware & Stability issues.
In the meantime I got a PS3, and want to use it to play movies (DVD/BD).. from my network.
It seems the industry has caught onto this, and some WHS servers are now provisioned with Twonky, etc for streaming video to devices like PS3s(whoopeee... 2 years later).

Is there a reliable mechanism to use the Sony changer and AnyDVDHD to batch RIP 200 at a time? I can dedicate a fairly potent machine to doing this, XP or Vista, lots of local or NAS drive space, fast network... I just want to get it DONE!

Thanks
russ

I don't think it would work. My guess is that any connections that device makes to a computer are limited to things like cataloging and control. I doubt it would transfer the raw disc contents to a PC.

Does that thing show up as a drive (or many drives) in Explorer when you connect it? You'd probably have to get AnyDVD HD to "see" it as a drive somehow.

Back