• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dirty Grandpa

kturcotte1980

I ripped Dirty Grandpa (US, Region A), and the rip started to playback fine, but then all of a sudden, I keep getting this message saying it can't playback due to copyright restrictions. I'm running AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.0 Did I rip it wrong? Anyway to fix it?

Attachments

• wefwef.png
    wefwef.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 17
No you did nothing wrong, you've just encountered your first screenpass protected disc. Nothing unusual, however your rip cannot be repaired. Please provide an anydvd logfile as per instructions in this link https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/ STEP 5. Someone will post back (usually pete) saying something like "fixed". Then re-insert the original disc, and the anydvd status window should then report 1 or more playlists. Then you can rerip or use software playback first to see if everything is in order.

No you did nothing wrong, you've just encountered your first screenpass protected disc. Nothing unusual, however your rip cannot be repaired. Please provide an anydvd logfile as per instructions in this link https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/ STEP 5. Someone will post back (usually pete) saying something like "fixed". Then re-insert the original disc, and the anydvd status window should then report 1 or more playlists. Then you can rerip or use software playback first to see if everything is in order.
I still have the movie, so I'll re-rip it and provide the logfile

No need to re-rip, just insert the disc and create the logfile. Many users don't realise that many of AnyDVD's functions don't require you to rip at all. Logfile creation is one of them.

Logfile:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_D_DIRTY_GRANDPA.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
According to the logfile that disc is already supported. As you can see in the anydvd status window it reports playlist 410. How are you playing back the movie?

According to the logfile that disc is already supported. As you can see in the anydvd status window it reports playlist 410. How are you playing back the movie?
I've tried PowerDVD 15, VLC Media Player, and Pot Player (Made sure all were running latest versions). All have the same issue

It's not unusual for unlicensed players like vlc or pot player to give that message. However if powerdvd is giving you that message that would seem 410 is incorrect for your disc version. A developer will need to take a look at the logfile. Patience will now be required.

Strange. If I rip it as a folder instead of an iso, it plays back perfectly fine in all 3 players. Any idea what that's about? Also, anyway to take the ripped folder and turn it into an iso that will play without the protection?

Folder or iso shouldn't make any difference, the recommended method for Blu-ray ripping is in fact iso. As far as turning folder into iso, use ImgBurn.

Folder or iso shouldn't make any difference, the recommended method for Blu-ray ripping is in fact iso. As far as turning folder into iso, use ImgBurn.
I prefer ripping in iso format too, but the folder rip is playing back perfectly. See what happens when I run it through ImgBurn

Just an update. Iso made from the ripped folder plays perfectly fine in all 3 players. Out of curiosity, I ripped the disc again to an iso format, and again, the players blocked playback on that file. Computers are weird lol Got what I needed though. Thanks for the help!

Back