• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Die Hard: Live Free or Die Hard

Yeah, I recommend returning those to the point of purchase and demanding a refund (if you bought them recently). We shouldn't let companies get away with selling defective discs. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11981

I completely agree with you on this but we also need to step back. How often are these CRC errors happening. I do not run across problematic discs very often. It's quite rare, in fact. The OP makes it sound like this is happening far too often, IMHO. I would still like to see them try with another disc or this disc in another DVD drive.

In reply to the earlier statement about not being able to exchange a disc... why not? I check my discs immediately for issues with Nero DiscSpeed. If I find a problem they go back for an exchange. I'm not returning it for a refund. I just want a working disc. The store would be dumb to refuse this and they may give you a hard time but it's because they are lazy and it's more work for them. I walk in and say the disc won't play on my HTPC and I want a replacement disc. End of story. :)

I would still like to see them try with another disc or this disc in another DVD drive.

Yes, I believe I mentioned that several times. I was talking in general: all other things being equal, if you get a defective disc, return it.

Last edited:
I can't return discs cause they were bought awhile ago. Nothing recent. Walmart takes anything back. They are the return capital of the world. lol

I do have another computer that is capable of burning. I will set that up to use with AnyDvD and see how if it can rip the disc. I will post as soon as I can.

You don't need one capable of *burning* to use AnyDVD, just one capable of reading (ripping). You can always transfer the movie to a burning computer on your network. Or with a big jump-drive.

In fact it's good to keep an old XP box around with a minimal install and AnyDVD. Great way to test for "issues" on your newer machines.

-W

Ok, I got an update on my problem. It is the disc. I used a NEC dvd burner and Die Hard still hangs at 44% when ripping to hard with AnyDVD. I am wondering since I just realized that there are different versions of Die Hard that maybe the one I got has problems. I have the unrated widescreen version but I found out that there is also a Digital Copy version. Not sure if there is a full screen version. Anyone else have problems with the unrated version?

Me three.... disc is virtually unprotected. I think Shrink can do it naked.

-W

texasrattler.

The protection may not be great on disc. But the unrated extended version can cause problems. There is an extended scene right before the layer break which causes problems. It was one of the first disc I had a problem with when it first came out. The solution that I found that helped was to slow the read speed of your reading drive. Nero drive speed will do this for you. Slow it down to 4x. That should allow you to navigate beyond that 44% mark.

Yes.... the layer break is on the "outer rim" of the DVD. This is the very area most likely to suffer from media defects.

-W

Back