• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Descriptive Audio Only on HBO

Matt West

This is a new one for me. No matter what options I choose, or how many times I log in/out the only option I have in English is descriptive audio. When I watch this on cable, I have the option of regular English (if that makes sense):

Chernobyl.jpg

Switching to HEVC makes no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

Ooops...the show is Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes on HBO Max

I show the same. It could be that the primary language of the piece is Russian. I suspect that given it tends to show that since Russian is an option.

Primary language is Russian....there are some English parts on the Russian soundtrack...not much though.
There is no dubbed English track.

As others have said, there’s no dubbed English track. The only languages available are (Russian Original) (Russian Descriptive) and (English Descriptive). This is how HBO deals with their foreign programming for the blind.
So not an AS issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a new one for me. No matter what options I choose, or how many times I log in/out the only option I have in English is descriptive audio. When I watch this on cable, I have the option of regular English (if that makes sense):

View attachment 71084

Switching to HEVC makes no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
Would you please post a logfile and I can see what your issue is

Back