• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dejavu, The Hitcher, and The Queen

Zamphire

So far I've made a successful copy of The Hitcher, Dejavu is giving me problems, tried twice now and bad copies both times. I just updated to the new version of AnyDVD so I'm gonna test it and see if it helps any.

AnyDVD for Dejavu said:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
SONY DVD RW DRU-710A BYX5 MAY26 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2010480 sectors (3926 MBytes)
Total size: 4003355 sectors (7819 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEJA_VU_US_16X9
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

AnyDVD for The Hitcher said:

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1959760 sectors (3827 MBytes)
Total size: 3769485 sectors (7362 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_HITCHER
Media is CSS protected!

DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Bad sector protection not found.

AnyDVD for The Queen said:

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2016864 sectors (3939 MBytes)
Total size: 4016283 sectors (7844 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_QUEEN
Media is CSS protected!

Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!

So far I've made a successful copy of The Hitcher, Dejavu is giving me problems, tried twice now and bad copies both times. I just updated to the new version of AnyDVD so I'm gonna test it and see if it helps any.

When you post issues, please state what burning program you're using (and version number), the type of blank media you're using, and give full error messages. Thanks

This an offtopic post but I think it may be useful for some people to know. It was reported that The Queen will not rip correctly with RipIt4Me but I was unable to find out what region they were having problems with. Given what I see on that AnyDVD status screen, it seems likely that Macrovision has upped the ante on RipGuard again. I want to see this movie quite badly so I'll probably be buying it when it's released. Just out of curiosity were you able to rip this with AnyDVD? You mentioned the other two but not The Queen. The Hitcher looks like it shouldn't be giving you any problems at all...

Region 2 gives Clonedvd some issues, but only when extras are included:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2510

Main movie plus menu works.

Right, but, if you look at the AnyDVD status window of the Region 2 disc, it doesn't look like it has much protection on it. So I doubt that's what R4M is having problems with. I'm guessing region 1 is going to be real pain, though, just looking at the status window info. Of course, it doesn't come out until the 24th in region 1 so I won't have access to it until then at the earliest.

Nonetheless, that's quite screwy for CloneDVD to have problems like that. It didn't seem as though anyone tried doing a CloneDVD DL rip to the hard drive and compressing with Recode or DVD Shrink process, though...I wonder if that would have worked.

Nonetheless, that's quite screwy for CloneDVD to have problems like that. It didn't seem as though anyone tried doing a CloneDVD DL rip to the hard drive and compressing with Recode or DVD Shrink process, though...I wonder if that would have worked.

James indicated the issue affects the "bitrate controller", so I have reason to believe what you wrote might work as the transcoder would be bypassed.

Last edited:
James indicated the issue does affect the transcoder, so I have reason to believe that might work.

Yea, that's what I was thinking, too. Although he seemed to think it was a problem in the menu somewhere that was causing the transcoder to get confused. But, empirical evidence suggests it's a problem somewhere in the extras. Still a freaky issue and one that's only going to be compounded by the extra protection thrown on for region 1. I so can't wait. :)

Well, I suppose doing the following wouldn't hurt for The Queen and Deja Vu:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don't forget it)
5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

Well, I want to see if he was successful on backing up The Queen first. That's why I asked him about it. It LOOKS nasty but that doesn't mean CloneDVD will have problems with it necessarily. But yea, if it doesn't rip correctly, DEFINITELY send the IFOs following the above post step for step.

Well, I want to see if he was successful on backing up The Queen first.

James has expressed an interest in getting .ifos early, and if there's any reason to believe there might be an issue, I'd rather have Slysoft get the .ifos than not (I had this issue frequently at cdfreaks where I'd pm people asking to send ifos in, and they would never return or respond; and then on release day there were, of course, lots of complaints).

I'm not sure there is an issue here, either; but there is some reason to believe there might be.

James has expressed an interest in getting .ifos early, and if there's any reason to believe there might be an issue, I'd rather have Slysoft get the .ifos than not . . .

I'm not sure there is an issue here, either; but there is some reason to believe there might be.

Fair enough. :) Isn't "the man" on vacation? sigh. :)

When you post issues, please state what burning program you're using (and version number), the type of blank media you're using, and give full error messages. Thanks

I'm sorry, forgot to add that in there. As always, I'm using the latest version of CloneDVD2

Can you tell us if you were successful on a full disc backup of The Queen? Thanks!

I'm sorry, forgot to add that in there. As always, I'm using the latest version of CloneDVD2

Can you please describe the problem you're having? When you say "bad copy" what does that mean exactly?
Will the discs not play? Do they skip?

Can you please describe the problem you're having? When you say "bad copy" what does that mean exactly?
Will the discs not play? Do they skip?
The first time I copied Deja Vu I messed it up because I selected the wrong title, the second time my DVD player just wouldn't read it. Right now I'm burning a complete rip to a Verbatim DVD+R DL with 0% compression to see if it works, it's got 17min left on it.

I'll have to wait till later tonight to give word on The Queen, as I am heading to work in about 30 min and wont have time till I return.

the second time my DVD player just wouldn't read it. Right now I'm burning a complete rip to a Verbatim DVD+R DL with 0% compression to see if it works, it's got 17min left on it.

If you're using +R or +R DL media, please ensure the booktype is set to "dvd-rom" (if your burner supports bitsetting changes): Step 3

If you're using +R or +R DL media, please ensure the booktype is set to "dvd-rom" (if your burner supports bitsetting changes): Step 3

OMG! Do....my....eyes deceive me?! Did you just put a prettyfied link up there?! WHO ARE YOU!?!?! :D

And don't most DVD burners set the booktype to dvd-rom by default for DVD+R DL? At least I thought they did.

And don't most DVD burners set the booktype to dvd-rom by default for DVD+R DL? At least I thought they did.

You wish. :(

This issue causes me a great deal of pain and suffering (mostly mental anguish) lately:
read this

Honestly, I wish Elaborate Bytes/Slysoft would implement bitsetting in Clonedvd2 and Clonecd.
I made the request years ago to Elaborate Bytes, and I was flat out told no (essentially).
Would make the lives of many new customers a lot easier, imo.

Last edited:
Back