Decryption issue with 8.1.7.9

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by mbarnstijn, Aug 13, 2017.

1. mbarnstijn

mbarnstijn Well-Known Member

Trying to play my new Criterion Blu-ray purchase, The Breaking Point (UPC 715515202114). Scans with BDinfo to check the disc structure came across MPLS files that were encrypted, according to BDinfo. Attempts to play the disc with PowerDVD 17 failed with the message "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not read a file on this disc. Playback will stop."

Log is attached.

--michael

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Can you try 8170, 8177 or 8178 and see if either or all of them work? Logfiles might help for the versions of those that do and don't work.

As to playlists, the bulk of that info AnyDVD gets from the OPD. You do NOT have to have the latest version of AnyDVD for that. New AnyDVD releases for BD are often only required to enable full menu support if it can't be handled immediately through the OPD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

3. mbarnstijn

I made a protected ISO from the title, using 8.1.7.9, making the assumption that there wouldn't be any decryption errors if it wasn't decrypting in the first place. (Rebooting the computer to install 8.1.7.0 takes too long. Long story, but it takes 30 minutes to become usable.) I've used another computer running 8.1.7.0, but without a physical BR drive, to mount the resulting protected ISO with VCD and decrypt it. Log file attached.

Attached Files:

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

When you mounted the ISO on the machine with 8.1.7.0 installed did it then decrypt properly?

5. Ch3vr0n

Decryption looks fine, what's the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

6. mbarnstijn

Uh, yes, the protected ISO decrypted fine on the machine with 8.1.7.0. You had asked me to post the log file for 8.1.7.0 or .7.7 or .7.8, when there was a problem decrypting with 8.1.7.9, so I did just that. I hope that's helpful.

7. Ch3vr0n

Do 8177 and 8178 work?

8. mbarnstijn

8.1.7.8 works (BDinfo can scan protected ISO with AnyDVD active and no errors show up). I can't get any software to see the mounted protected ISO when AnyDVD 8.1.7.7 is running. BDinfo says :"The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid." So I can't check to see if decryption is working for 7.7.

Logs attached.

Attached Files:

9. Ch3vr0n

I feared as much. @James is aware of this issue but hasn't been able to reproduce it consistently making it hard to find and fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

10. PghBoy

PghBoy Member

I've had nothing but problems with the latest update - every single Blu-ray I try must go through decryption about three or four times before it actually works. I'm assuming there's no way to revert to the prior version?

11. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

Just load the older version over it

I did use 8.1.7.9 on the movie The Martian movie from 2015 because I wanted to see it up-scaled to 4k. Only thing that was strange to me is it needed the OPD. Other wise it was perfect.The needing the OPD could be a normal thing in the case of this movie also. But what I been reading I don't suffer from these beta blues to say. But I only use SW players for a limited amount of time then straight to BR or UHD hardware players.

Post a log file

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  12. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No surprise. Martian has BD+.

13. James

Hard to believe, that 8.1.7.8 works and 8.1.7.9 doesn't. Can you try again, to verify, that this wasn't a temporary glitch?
    Or try to reproduce the problem.
    If you encounter problems, make sure, that you insert the disc while AnyDVD is running.

14. James

8.1.7.9? Do you start AnyDVD while the disc is in the drive? Or do you have AnyDVD running and insert the disc?

15. James

I am not aware of any Problem with 8.1.7.9.

Badnews likes this.
  16. Ch3vr0n

euhm, the drive ejecting issue some other guy is having ^^

17. James

I am not aware of an "eject" issue with 8.1.7.9.

18. Ch3vr0n

Indeed my bad, had misread. Seems for now things are fixed, and hope that nasty one doesn't come back ^^

19. mbarnstijn

Things seem to have gotten confused here. I am reporting a decryption problem with 8.1.7.9, as stated in the first post of this thread, with accompanying log file. I was able to use 8.1.7.9 to rip a protected ISO. Mounting this ISO with AnyDVD supposedly decrypting and then attempting to scan with BDinfo gave identical errors as described in the first post of this thread.

Mounting the same 8.1.7.9-created protected ISO with AnyDVD 8.1.7.8 running allowed BDinfo to parse the disc structure without errors. Log of the protected ISO mounted with AnyDVD 8.1.7.8 attached in post above.

If you need more information, please let me know. If you need me to generate a log of the original disc, not protected ISO, with any version other than 8.1.7.9, I will have to either find an external BD drive for my laptop, or I will have to install the earlier version on my computer that has 8.1.7.9 on it at the moment. That will require a 30 minute restart process (I'm currently fighting old firmware in a PCIe extender card that blue screens every restart which then needs to memory dump my 128Gigs of DRAM), which I'm reluctant to do but will do if absolutely necessary.

--michael

20. James

The logfile you posted in the initial post is not from a protected iso image, but from a physical disk. Did the physical disk exhibit problems? I assume it did. Did you mount the image / insert the disc while AnyDVD was running? Or was the image mounted / disc inserted and you started AnyDVD?