• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Decryption issue with 8.1.7.9

Yes, the physical disk was inserted to generate the log in the first post. I'm not sure what you mean by problems other than the decryption errors described above. There were no read errors, if that's what you mean: AnyDVD 8.1.7.9 was able to make a complete protected image rip without encountering any read issues.

Yes, in each case where I've generated a log file the physical disc was inserted, or the protected image was mounted, while whichever version of AnyDVD was running.

Let me know if there's any specific sequence of insert/mount of disc/image and running/not running of AnyDVD (and which version) that you'd like me to try.

--michael

8.1.7.10 continues to give decryption errors with the original disc as in the first post in this thread. Log attached. I will now install 8.1.7.8 and reboot and try again. This will take about 30 minutes...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.10_Info_K_BREAKING_POINT_THE.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Ok, I've installed 8.1.7.8, and loaded up the original disc. Generated a log file. Symptoms of decryption error gone (no problems scanning with BDinfo, no file missing error on PowerDVD when starting playback) however PowerDVD won't progress past a black screen. The initial Criterion disc menu that we all know and love doesn't load.

I then installed 8.1.7.7, had to restart, loaded up the original disc again. Generated a log file. Symptoms of decryption error gone as noted immediately above in this post. PowerDVD loads the disc, and proceeds to the main disc menu, where I was able to start the movie and enjoy the first few minutes of the credits.

I am going to install 8.1.7.10 again and do one last logfile and test as described here.

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.8_Info_K_BREAKING_POINT_THE.ziplog
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.7_Info_K_BREAKING_POINT_THE.ziplog
8.1.7.10 installed, system rebooted. Log file generated from original disc. Tested (and logfile generated) with original disc in place BEFORE AnyDVD started. BDinfo shows decryption errors as described in first post in this thread; PowerDVD doesn't play the disc: "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not read a file on this disc. Playback will stop."

Exited AnyDVD, ejected disc, started AnyDVD, inserted disc, AnyDVD scans and (as I've done so many times now) I tell it the disc is Region A. Disc is scanned and ready to play. BDinfo shows decryption errors, as previously described. PowerDVD 17 again shows the original error described in the first post: "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not read a file on this disc. Playback will stop."

I hope this all helps figure out what's going wrong with this disc and these last two beta versions. I sure hope it's not unique to my system.

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.10_Info_K_BREAKING_POINT_THE.ziplog
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'd like to chime in to say that I have this issue too, and it started with version 8.1.7.9 (all prior versions work fine). I've spent some time today troubleshooting the issue and have made the following observations:

1. The first disc I put in after a clean boot decrypts fine. The problems begin when I eject the disc and load another. Then I get the dreaded "PowerDVD could not read a file" message. VLC is unable to read it either.
2. Going into the device manager and disabling then re-enabling the drive fixes the problem... until the next time I change discs. A clean boot achieves the same.
3. I've tested three drives: a Sony BDU-X10S, an LG GGCH20L BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM combo, and an external Samsung SE-506AB USB drive. The Sony and Samsung drives are both affected. The LG, on the other hand, has absolutely no decryption issues.
4. I've tested all versions up to and including the 8.1.9.2 beta. Everything from 8.1.7.9 onwards exhibits the problem. 8.1.7.8 and earlier work perfectly.

(Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro with the Fall Creator's Update. The problem was also present in the previous Creator's Update.)

Back