• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Issues

i had no probs playing x-files (but my system is compliant), my question is there a way to rip this movie with the protection on it - when i try, i get a cd-rom is not ready error when i have keep protection enable on rip to image.

Actaully on the newer PDVD the juddering is caused by it trying to use Hardware accel when playing an m2ts file, I found that if I disable the Hardware Accel when playing M2ts files (on ATI cards) the playback is smoother, but still no HD audio

Fascinating! I wasn't aware they added the HA.

You should not be playing m2ts files directly. First, no HD audio. Second, no hardware acceleration. It's just not a good thing to do. Make an ISO, mount it, and call it good.

Hmmmmm... I wasn't aware that hardware acceleration is disabled when watching .m2ts files. This just doesn't seem right. I could see if it was juddery only during intense scenes, but most of the movie plays fine from the .m2ts file. The credits at the end are very juddery, which is just strange imo. I do see an option in my OEM version of PowerDVD that enables purevideo HW acceleration but it's greyed out. I'm using a GTX 280 so I'm not sure why it's greyed out. I thought at first this option just wasn't available to me unless I upgraded to the pay version. I really could care less about playing the .m2ts files directly, but I do want to be able to work with them so I can re-encode/convert them to different formats and levels of compression.

Any ideas why the run time in the main .m2ts file is incorrect? I'm curious if there's any way to fix this. I ran it through TsRemux to get rid of the audio streams I didn't want and it reduced the file size down to around 27 GB which is great, but the run time is still wrong. I want burn a DVD from the .m2ts file (standard DVD format) but TMPGEnc DVD author wants me to use two DL dvds because it thinks there is over 5 hours of video in the file. It's perplexing to me to say the least.

Edit:After running the .m2ts file through TsRemux TMPGEnc DVD author now shows the correct runtime and will let me burn the entire movie to a DVD+R DL so that problem is solved. Curiously, PowerDVD still reports the wrong run time.

Last edited:
You should not be playing m2ts files directly. First, no HD audio. Second, no hardware acceleration. It's just not a good thing to do. Make an ISO, mount it, and call it good.

I do have DTS-HD Master Audio when I play back the ripped m2ts with Nero Showtime, but none with PDVD.

What? 1. I downmux the HD audio to either AC3 or DTS, and it's still very high quality, nobody is THAT anal. 2. Who needs hardware acceleration when Media Player Classic Home Cinema players m2ts files beautifully without ever having a hickup? Mounting an ISO is far less spontaneous, and I am a spontaneous guy who likes things a click away, instead of 10.

What? 1. I downmux the HD audio to either AC3 or DTS, and it's still very high quality, nobody is THAT anal. 2. Who needs hardware acceleration when Media Player Classic Home Cinema players m2ts files beautifully without ever having a hickup? Mounting an ISO is far less spontaneous, and I am a spontaneous guy who likes things a click away, instead of 10.
Mounting an ISO and playing for me is just one double click, I double click the ISO, it auto mounts and the disc starts playing in PDVD, MPC HC is only useful if you have a decent CPU, You can get away with having a real crappy CPU (P4 478 pin) with a decent graphics card (AGP ATI 3000 series) if you use hardware acceleration. Also you lose out on the hd audio by downsampling to AC3 (which doesn't work on all files). And yes I have a decent amp and speakers and you can tell the difference between HD audio and downsampled to AC£ or just the DTS core extracted. Don't see the point of having the equipment and then not using it to it's full extent

Last edited:
Mounting an ISO and playing for me is just one double click, I double click the ISO, it auto mounts and the disc starts playing in PDVD, MPC HC is only useful if you have a decent CPU, You can get away with having a real crappy CPU (P4 478 pin) with a decent graphics card (AGP ATI 3000 series) if you use hardware acceleration. Also you lose out on the hd audio by downsampling to AC3 (which doesn't work on all files). And yes I have a decent amp and speakers and you can tell the difference between HD audio and downsampled to AC£ or just the DTS core extracted. Don't see the point of having the equipment and then not using it to it's full extent

I usually just use my logitech 5.1 speakers or my sennheiser's. I only have an onboard sound card anyway.

10? How about 2? I click the ISO, it gets mounted. I open TMT, and the movie plays. With HD audio. People who buy expensive equipment so they CAN play HD audio tracks ARE that anal, yes. I didn't spent all that money building my home theater system to listen to down converted audio.

And the m2ts playing issue is only an issue with PowerDVD. Adbear says they now support HA in the latest version. I haven't been able to test that out myself as my house is currently without power for several days. (Don't ask...ice sucks) But PowerDVD will still not give you HD audio if you play the m2ts directly.

I usually just use my logitech 5.1 speakers or my sennheiser's. I only have an onboard sound card anyway.

Hence why you wouldn't care about HD audio. I have an ATI card with 7.1 LPCM over HDMI. I do care. :)

I haven't been able to test that out myself as my house is currently without power for several days.

You must be in Northern Mass or Southern NH ? My mother is up there and also in the "power free" zone.

-W

Dark Knight Problem

Information that clone dvd would not compress such a large file ie vts_o1_b
was over 3333333.

Cure: Simply changed to dvd+ DL.. No problem with anydvd 6490 and current clone dvd.

Information that clone dvd would not compress such a large file ie vts_o1_b
was over 3333333.

Cure: Simply changed to dvd+ DL.. No problem with anydvd 6490 and current clone dvd.
This has nothing to do with the Blu-ray version

You must be in Northern Mass or Southern NH ? My mother is up there and also in the "power free" zone.

-W

In the general area, yea. Fortunately my office has power so I'm camping out here for a while. :) I've got my laptop with me and will be watching movies with a coworker in the conference room shortly. :D

Ya... as of this writing she's still sans power. I have a deep cycle marine battery here hooked up to a 900w power perverter. If we lose power I can kill one breaker, plug it into an outlet, turn it on, and get lights and TV in the guest bedroom, its bathroom, and the kitchen. Of course we've not lost power sincer I made all this happen. So I can't tell you how long it'll run. :D

-W

..could have sworn the message is by AnyDVD :confused:, but I will check again tonight. When I edited my post above, I relaised it cant be AnyDVD that was the problem, as it wouldnt play without ANyDVD running, but as the message came from AnyDVD, thats what confused me.

Adbear, it definately was an ANYDVDHD message (box with the message in has ANYDVDHD as a header), but I updated my ATi drivers from 8.11 to 8.12 and Dark Knight plays flawlessly - although I still get the ANYDVDHD message.

I will be updating to the latest version to see if that helps.

Thanks for your help anyway. :clap:

I have the US version of DK and don't get the problem

Mine is a UK disk, and I will test the latest version soon as I can get the missus of the TV from watching X Factor....:bang:

Adbear, it definately was an ANYDVDHD message (box with the message in has ANYDVDHD as a header), but I updated my ATi drivers from 8.11 to 8.12 and Dark Knight plays flawlessly - although I still get the ANYDVDHD message.
What message? Please, post a logfile (which will contain the "message")

Back