• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Issues

What message? Please, post a logfile (which will contain the "message")

Sorry James, but I VNC'd to my machine before I saw this, and updated to the beta new version, which has removed the message popup.

Paraphrasing, it mentioned AnyDVDHD 6.4.9.0 needed to update to get the latest key for Batman Dark Knight.

The Fox icon would slightly dim for a few seconds, then return to normal, but no matter how many times I turned stopped and started the film, it would always come up with the message.

And....did you let it update to get the key? If you said no, or are using a trial version, that is why that message kept popping up.

My ANYDVDHD is not a trial, its paid for, and I did let it update. I mentioned earlier on in this thread other steps I took (incuding downloading 6.4.9.0 again incase I updated to a version that did not have the key included - I tend to update pretty quickly on seeing the message popup).

My original post in this thread was really just an fyi to people who may have had a simailar experience with DK not playing at all and like me (wrongly) assumed it was to do with AnyDVD, when it was a problem with ATi 8.11 drivers.

The message that popped up just confused the issue, but upgrading to 6.4.9.1 has removed that warning, and I am very happily watching DK with no warning messages, and no black screen with the disc icon as it does nothing.

Well, as long as the problem is resolved then all is well. I'm not sure why it would pop up that message, but, I'm guessing the new version is going to solve a lot of that issue. As for the ATI drivers, don't get me started on those. :D 8.12 seem to be ok so far. I'm not using PowerDVD these days as I've switched to TMT, but, the first time I watched DK I had to use PowerDVD as my HTPC with TMT kept crashing. I've since resolved that but I played it with PowerDVD 4617 (not a) and the 8.11 drivers and didn't have an issue. Very strange. Anyway, again, glad it's solved for you.

I reckon a lot of people had a problem with the drivers, as it didnt seem very long at all between ver 11 and 12, and 12's release notes mention Blu-ray problems - although not specifically the problem I had. But with everything sorted now, I am a happy bunny once more :p

Yea, I'm pretty happy, as well. Once power gets restored to my house I can go back home and watch more movies. :D The TMT problem got sorted out but I'm waiting for confirmation of my alleged "fix" before I post how I solved it cause I'm not 100% sure what I think fixed it is in fact what fixed it. LOL :) So far 8.12 seems pretty stable, though. I've only had it on there for a couple days. And I hacked it onto my laptop, as well. Watched Dark Knight again on my laptop last night with TMT and 8.12 so all seems pretty good. What an awesome movie. :)

/agree a supurb film!

I was lucky enough to see it at the iMax as well, and after watching it on my HTPC, just marvel at the brillance of the shots. The use of full screen for the iMax shots is a very very nice touch, and I am sad enough to get excited at the fact that you can count the windows on a tower block far into the distance if you so choose....and dont get me started on the Joker scene as he walks away from the hospital......:)

I did not get to see it on IMAX, but, I did see it twice in a digital theater. That was nice. :) The quality of the transfer is truly remarkable. THE BD to own IMO.

I saw this on Imax, and couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I love it on me Blu Ray too.

Just read over at Afterdawn that Dark Knight has set a new Blu-Ray disc sales record. Just goes to show, if you make a great movie it will sell, period. It didn't need BD+ or any other expensive protection scheme to achieve this success either.

I'm sure Warner Bros. won't see it this way though. They'll probably complain about losing money from every single person who's pirated it. This seems to happen with every big game (Crysis is a good example) or movie that's launched recently. They see all those $ signs rolling in and start getting greedy. They'll be putting revised versions of BD+ on their new releases in the future I'm betting, but that's just pure speculation from my point of view.

Just read over at Afterdawn that Dark Knight has set a new Blu-Ray disc sales record. Just goes to show, if you make a great movie it will sell, period. It didn't need BD+ or any other expensive protection scheme to achieve this success either.

I'm sure Warner Bros. won't see it this way though. They'll probably complain about losing money from every single person who's pirated it. This seems to happen with every big game (Crysis is a good example) or movie that's launched recently. They see all those $ signs rolling in and start getting greedy. They'll be putting revised versions of BD+ on their new releases in the future I'm betting, but that's just pure speculation from my point of view.

The people that didn't pay for a movie or anything else legally like we did are the type that want something for free anyway.

Case in point: people complaining about the new subscription model for Slysoft when they have at least 16 days before the changes take effect to purchase the LIFETIME licenses that they need for whatever particular Slysoft product that they want to use.

I saw this at the IMAX theater twice. And I even had free tickets for other theaters (crappy AMC). Yes, even the stingiest bastards like me will pay for quality, both artistic and technical.

But I'm wondering though. The IMAX shots are actually 4:3 or something like that (that's the format). I am pretty sure the actual movie in the theater kept changing between 4:3 and 1.85:1, which would almost fill the 16:9 screen of a 1080p TV. If so, then they cropped the movie to 2:35 for the bluray (and maybe in non-IMAX theaters). I don't think they would have cropped a 2.35:1 frame (in all probability anamorphic) into a 1.85:1 for the IMAX theaters.

Anyone knows?

Back