• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Issue

You have region code set to automatic, are you sure it's removing the region? I always do mine manually.
Could you post the AnyDVD HD logfile?

Last edited:
You have region code set to automatic, are you sure it's removing the region? I always do mine manually.
Could you post the AnyDVD HD logfile?
Log---
AnyDVD 6.5.1.8

track 1 from 0 to 19888960, Control 4
Drive 0 (not set!)
read physical failed, sense 5:30:2
dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
Layer 0 End: 0
read copyright failed, sense 5:30:2
layer 1 reserved free
standard udf
label THE DARK KNIGHT
AACS!
HD type: 1
MKB version 9
5c284ff06584
c96f67ebb448
HD: GetVolumeKey 1
parse_image took 5 seconds
hdtitles
Sending Patchlevel 1
mode 9247 0x241f

Status----
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.5.1.8)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H20L YG01 020509081586JB1047
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 19888960 sectors (38845 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE DARK KNIGHT
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

sysinfo----
AnyDVD 6.5.1.8

Operating System: Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3, v.3264

IDE controllers:
DeviceDesc: Primary IDE Channel
Mfg: (Standard IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers)
Service: atapi
atapi (system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys), Version: 5.1.2600.3264 (5.1.2600.3264)
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description: IDE/ATAPI Port Driver
FileVersion: 5.1.2600.3264 (xpsp.071130-1425)
ProductVersion: 5.1.2600.3264

DeviceDesc: Secondary IDE Channel
Mfg: (Standard IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers)
Service: atapi
atapi (system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys), Version: 5.1.2600.3264 (5.1.2600.3264)
Description: IDE/ATAPI Port Driver

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
InCDPass (System32\DRIVERS\InCDPass.sys), Version: 4.3.14.1 (4.3.14.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 1995-2005 Nero AG and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 4, 3, 14, 1
ProductVersion: 4, 3, 14, 1

incdrm (system32\drivers\incdrm.sys), Version: 4.3.14.1 (4.3.14.1)
Product: EasyWrite Reader
Description: Ahead MRW Filter Driver

GEARAspiWDM (System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys), Version: 2.0.7.5 (2.0.7.5)
Company: GEAR Software Inc.
Product: CD DVD Filter
Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2008
Description: CD DVD Filter
FileVersion: 2.00.07.05
ProductVersion: 2.00.07.05

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.67.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.67a

AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 6.5.1.8 (6.5.1.8)
Company: SlySoft, Inc.
Product: AnyDVD
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.
Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Trademarks: AnyDVD and SlySoft are trademarks of SlySoft, Inc.
FileVersion: 6.5.1.8
ProductVersion: 6.5.1.8
Comments: 20090117014207
PrivateBuild: Release
SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP/2003

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

F:\ -> \Device\CdRom2
\DosDevices\F:\ -> IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_BD-RE__GBW-H20L________________YG01____\314B38354A363142343020372020202020202020
Device UpperFilters:
redbook (system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys), Version: 5.1.2600.3264 (5.1.2600.3264)
Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
InCDPass (System32\DRIVERS\InCDPass.sys), Version: 4.3.14.1 (4.3.14.1)
Product: InCD
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver

incdrm (system32\drivers\incdrm.sys), Version: 4.3.14.1 (4.3.14.1)
Product: EasyWrite Reader
Description: Ahead MRW Filter Driver

Nero's Incd is packet writing software, which can cause strange reading and writing issues/conflicts with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. You're also using version 4, which is extremely bad news.

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

More packet writing junk . . . From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor ". Click "remove selected filter". Select "incdrm". Click "remove selected filter". Select "InCDPass". Click "remove selected filter"Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly.

Also, this is how you post log files:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Thanks...when you say problematic original disc- you mean the BD-RE or the actual original store bought Dark Knight?

Nope. was just curious about the log for the original. Seems strange that it works fine for me using the same region disc and the same region PS3

Nope. was just curious about the log for the original. Seems strange that it works fine for me using the same region disc and the same region PS3

His rip could have been seriously messed up due to the packet writing software (version 4 of Incd is the really really bad version that causes all sorts of problems, and plus Instantburn is also installed; recipe for disaster).

Or there may be some other issue involved.

should I completely uninstall Nero and Cyberlink or just remove the selected filters in IMGBurn?

should I completely uninstall Nero and Cyberlink or just remove the selected filters in IMGBurn?

You don't need to uninstall Nero.

The proper way to do things would be to do as follows:

1. Uninstall Incd (either through add/remove programs or through Nero's uninstall program).

2. Uninstall Instantburn.

3. Reboot.

4. Check using imgburn to see ensure that the filters I mentioned were removed from your registry.

But if you're feeling lazy you can just do this:
i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor ". Click "remove selected filter". Select "incdrm". Click "remove selected filter". Select "InCDPass". Click "remove selected filter"Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

new log

attach.gif
l) click "upload"

new log is attached...ripping now, will update soon!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_THE DARK KNIGHT.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 4
:( it is still not playing back on the PlayStation 3...anything else I could try?

what is frustrating is the fact that I tried Wall-E full disc backup and it worked perfectly on the ps3...Dark Knight when using tsMuxer plays back in the ps3 but it freezes around the 2 hour mark.

Not that I think this will help but your drive's firmware is severely outdated.
The latest is YG05

For LG burners, visit http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp
a) select your location at the top
b) select dvd-rom (writer) link
c) scroll through or search the various pages until you find your burner

I cannot find my burner (GBW-H20L) but did find a similar one (GGW-H20L?) and the included LG ODD Auto Firmware Update that came on the retail CD freezes my computer everytime I run it. Should I try the GGW-H20L firmware?

I cannot find my burner (GBW-H20L) but did find a similar one (GGW-H20L?) and the included LG ODD Auto Firmware Update that came on the retail CD freezes my computer everytime I run it. Should I try the GGW-H20L firmware?

No. And you're right. I thought you had a GGW-H20L. My apologies. I read too quickly

I am going to try and download an updated LG auto update firmware package online...I think the bundled CD package is out of date and is probably conflicting with WinXP SP3.

If you have the one on disc installed it should auto update itself, it always does for me on any of the machines I install it on

If you have the one on disc installed it should auto update itself, it always does for me on any of the machines I install it on

its installed but whenever I try to run it my computer freezes.

its installed but whenever I try to run it my computer freezes.

That would tell me you have a problem straight away, I've installed a couple of hundred LG drives and never had the software cause a problem

Back