• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Issue

TeflonFong

When trying to playback my BD-RE copy of Dark Knight on my PS3 it gets stuck after the PG-13 screen on the spinning disc icon. When I play it on my PC it plays fine. Please help...

I used AnyDVDHD to make the image and I am using a Panasonic 50GB BD-RE

Did you follow my guide? Worked fine for me when built it that way

Ok I tried using your guide and I get the same problem...there is a slight variance however- I now get the Dark Knight icon displayed in my PS3 XMB but now I do not even get the spinning disc icon- the screen just goes black

When I built the ISO using IMGBurn (after ripping the DVD(BD) Folders to the external drive using AnyDVDHD) it made a MDS file and prompted me to use the MDS file instead of the ISO...I am deleting the MDS file since that did not work and burning the actual ISO file onto the BD-RE 50GB to see if that makes a difference.

Again...it plays on my PC perfectly but not on the PS3

will update soon.

Ok I tried using your guide and I get the same problem...there is a slight variance however- I now get the Dark Knight icon displayed in my PS3 XMB but now I do not even get the spinning disc icon- the screen just goes black

When I built the ISO using IMGBurn (after ripping the DVD(BD) Folders to the external drive using AnyDVDHD) it made a MDS file and prompted me to use the MDS file instead of the ISO...I am deleting the MDS file since that did not work and burning the actual ISO file onto the BD-RE 50GB to see if that makes a difference.

Again...it plays on my PC perfectly but not on the PS3

will update soon.

The same situation happens when I use the ISO file instead of the MDS...black screen after the PG-13 blue rating screen.

Try setting the PS3 to ask if you want to enable BD-live and say no when it asks. Can't really give any other pointers as I followed my guide exactly and it works for me. What Firmware are you using on the PS3?

Try setting the PS3 to ask if you want to enable BD-live and say no when it asks. Can't really give any other pointers as I followed my guide exactly and it works for me. What Firmware are you using on the PS3?

Tried the BD-Live setting and it is still not working-I am on version 2.53 which I believe is the latest firmware.

I burned Wall-E on the same BD-RE and it came out perfect...the only thing I can think of is that Dark Knight uses more sectors and either my disc is not erasing properly or its not writing properly

I think my next step is to do a complete erase and then maybe uncheck the FastWrite option in IMGBurn.

I will update soon...

nope- still getting the spinning disc on Dark Knight.

Then I don't know, works fine for me if I follow my guide exactly.

It is working for me perfectly too...on my PC. I am thinking the issue is either my PS3 (which is a launch 60GB version) or the Panasonic BD-RE. I am getting a TDK 50GB BD-RE tomorrow and going to try it to see if that is the problem.

Maybe the PS3 cannot read a Panasonic 50GB BD-RE written at 2x properly...I stripped the Dark Knight using TSMuxer after not being able to do a full copy for playback on the PS3 and it played up until the 2 hour mark where it froze. I ran it on my PC and it played fine.

I have tried to let IMGBurn run without the FastWrite enabled but that method really takes LONG...one day I will make it run overnight and see if it works any better.

I will update again tomorrow when I get the TDK disk...

Well I tested it on my original release US 60GB PS3 using a DL Panasonic BD-RE. I made the copy using my guide, stuck it in my PS3 and it plays perfectly

Last edited:
Well I tested it on my original release US 60GB PS3 using a DL Panasonic BD-RE. I made the copy using my guide, stuck it in my PS3 and it plays perfectly

Seeing as how Wall-E worked on the same BD-RE disc and same PS3 using the same method i used for Dark Knight the ONLY other thing I could think of is that something is wrong with my original Blu-Ray of Dark Knight...which still makes no sense because it plays in my PC.

-Still waiting on UPS to deliver the new BD-RE and I am going to repeat everything and burn with fastwrite disabled in IMGBurn and see what happens.

OK...got the new disc and I am having the same EXACT issue. I am going to update with a more detailed post with pics and video.

Don't know what else to suggest, mine works in US and UK PS3 as well as a few standalone players

ANY! Folder

The ANY! Folder is on my original Dark Knight Blu-Ray along with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE Folders...what is this folder and why does AnyDVD HD not copy it?

3203355269_6411dba9f6_o.jpg
3203357869_000cecb6a9_o.jpg
3204208836_1deb36c940_o.jpg

ohh ok I realize ANY is created by AnyDVD and replaces the AACS protection on the original disc- still can't figure out what I am doing wrong

Back