• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved D+ subtitles downloading as WebVTT again

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
Just downloaded Moon knight S1E6 from D+. Subtitle track (dutch) saved as seperate .srt track. They're being saved as webVTT again with the same excess "markup" like

WEBVTT

STYLE
::cue() {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;
}

00:00:03.083 --> 00:00:05.958 line:95%,end
Zweer je om de nachtreizigers
te beschermen?

00:00:09.541 --> 00:00:10.458 line:95%,end
Zijn wij dood?

As of beta 1381 this issue is still present. Those redundant WEBVTT tags also prevent PLEX from showing the subtitles. The file itself is recognised as a subtitle track, but the actual subtitles are NOT displayed on screen.

Not the end of the world to be honest. I always check subtitles anyway.
Just for anyone wondering how to easily convert WebVTT tot normal Subrip (so Plex can see them)

Download Subtitle Edit
Tools > Batch Convert > Scan Folder > select your download folder
Subtitle Edit will scan your folder. You just want all the WebVTT formatted files. All others you can remove.

Select the following options:
Save in source file folder (yes)
Overwrite files (yes)

Press "Convert" and you're done in about a minute or so.

i know the fix, that's not the point. This is a bug that was fixed a while ago and has reoccurred. Should be fixed again.

Agreed, but to be honest even then I will keep checking it with Subtitle Edit. Anyways, just wanted to point out a 'solution' in the mean time.

I just brought it up last night, so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed in this update.

HBOmax have the same problem also. I brought this up at then end of December last year

HBOmax have the same problem also. I brought this up at then end of December last year
HI barough,
I use HBO Max with subtitles all the time and I have no issues. Are you sure you have your subtitle set correctly in the settings?

WebVTT (and here) is standardized and if a player is not able to show these subtitles the player should be fixed.
All of my players I am using have no problem with WebVTT.

Maybe if you'd read, i'm not using a player. I'm using PLEX. And WebVTT may very well be a standard (i don't care), if ppl want it saved as WebVTT then a seperate WebVTT option needs to be an option in anystream. If i select barebones SRT, i expect SRT.

@RedFox 1 FYI hulu does the same thing. I grabbed two movies today and both SRT files registered as WEBVTT in SubtitleEdit. Which means Plex won't play them correctly. And like I previously stated, HM does the same, but it's not constant on every title. Attached log files from hulu in case you need them.

Attachments

• Sightseers-[hulu].astlog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • The Limehouse Golem-[hulu].astlog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Okay we will look into the sub-title issue, thank you for reporting, it's going to be fixed.

@RedFox 1 FYI hulu does the same thing. I grabbed two movies today and both SRT files registered as WEBVTT in SubtitleEdit. Which means Plex won't play them correctly. And like I previously stated, HM does the same, but it's not constant on every title. Attached log files from hulu in case you need them.
Do the subtitle play correctly when using other players, or is this just Plex.

Change the extension of the subtitle file(s) to .vtt and they work fine in Plex. Or at least they do for me.
Code:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/200471133-adding-local-subtitles-to-your-media/#toc-1

IMO WEBVTT is a much better format for subtitles as they can be more dynamic in format and position.

I run a simple powershell script that opens the srt files and checks the first line for WEBVTT or 1. If WEBVTT then change extension if 1 keep as SRT if neither flag for manual review.

Last edited:
Back