D/L presented washed out colour?

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Electron003, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Electron003

Electron003 Well-Known Member

Greetings,

JPark3 from AP - the colour is extremely washed out - like it's colour, but more like black and white - with colour. Not sure if it's a problem, or the way the HD version is meant to look. If it is meant to look this way - then it is ugly! Muted would be a word to discrige it.

(It's NOT my screen or colour setup)! All the other d/l's are great. Check out the image. The whole movie is like that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. DatsDaJunt

DatsDaJunt Well-Known Member

Looks like its in HDR.

3. Electron003

What does that mean? I know what HDR stands for, but not what it means in this instance?

JP1 shows a HDR icon at the top of it's page, but the resultant video looks great.

JP3 has a UHD icon - guess that means it's 4k?

4. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

ooh interesting if its HDR, can you open the file in media info and see if it has colour BT.2020 ?

5. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

Thats NOT Any AnyStream Download

6. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

I don't think AS is even able to download HDR, at least I found nothing in its description.

7. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

i think it downloads what is provided, if a HDR file was provided to the client then it might just download it like any other file?

8. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

This is correct, but I think it might not get the HDR files like it is not able to get UHD files yet.
    Of course I could be wrong, since I never looked at this, but as I said I could see nothing about HDR in the description of AS.

9. DatsDaJunt

DatsDaJunt Well-Known Member

HDR doesn't necessarily mean "UHD". It could be HDR 1080p. We need to see the mediainfo for this file imo.
    JP3 isn't even available for regular Prime viewing for me, only rental/buy in my region from what I saw.

10. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

I get the same washed out colors but its not HDR

Bit depth : 8 bits
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709

11. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

How does it look, if you play the title with AP in your webbrowser?

12. Electron003

Same as the d/l file. I have a 1080 panel. On our 4K TV it also looks the same.

As Xander above pointed out, the specs are the same.

1080x1040
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709

The colour is completely desaturated and has a decidedly blue cast to it. Very ugly. The DVD version looks WAY better (IMO)!

The video specs of JP1 are the same (via mediainfo) and it looks great.

Perhaps it's been colour graded this way, but I couldn't find any reference to it online.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  13. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Then it is the way it is delivered by Amazon. Probably an encoding error.

14. Electron003

Right. Thanks.