• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

D/L presented washed out colour?

Electron003

Greetings,

JPark3 from AP - the colour is extremely washed out - like it's colour, but more like black and white - with colour. Not sure if it's a problem, or the way the HD version is meant to look. If it is meant to look this way - then it is ugly! Muted would be a word to discrige it.

(It's NOT my screen or colour setup)! All the other d/l's are great. Check out the image. The whole movie is like that.

Attachments

• vlc_G03DENvc9d.jpg
    vlc_G03DENvc9d.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Looks like its in HDR.

What does that mean? I know what HDR stands for, but not what it means in this instance?

JP1 shows a HDR icon at the top of it's page, but the resultant video looks great.

JP3 has a UHD icon - guess that means it's 4k?

ooh interesting if its HDR, can you open the file in media info and see if it has colour BT.2020 ?

i think it downloads what is provided, if a HDR file was provided to the client then it might just download it like any other file?

i think it downloads what is provided, if a HDR file was provided to the client then it might just download it like any other file?
This is correct, but I think it might not get the HDR files like it is not able to get UHD files yet.
Of course I could be wrong, since I never looked at this, but as I said I could see nothing about HDR in the description of AS.

This is correct, but I think it might not get the HDR files like it is not able to get UHD files yet.
Of course I could be wrong, since I never looked at this, but as I said I could see nothing about HDR in the description of AS.
HDR doesn't necessarily mean "UHD". It could be HDR 1080p. We need to see the mediainfo for this file imo.
JP3 isn't even available for regular Prime viewing for me, only rental/buy in my region from what I saw.

I get the same washed out colors but its not HDR

Bit depth : 8 bits
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709

How does it look, if you play the title with AP in your webbrowser?

How does it look, if you play the title with AP in your webbrowser?

Same as the d/l file. I have a 1080 panel. On our 4K TV it also looks the same.

As Xander above pointed out, the specs are the same.

1080x1040
Bit depth : 8 bits
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709

The colour is completely desaturated and has a decidedly blue cast to it. Very ugly. The DVD version looks WAY better (IMO)!

The video specs of JP1 are the same (via mediainfo) and it looks great.

Perhaps it's been colour graded this way, but I couldn't find any reference to it online.

Last edited:
Back