• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Credit card fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you should take this issue seriously, so I'm posting to inform you that my credit card was only used on your website, and then I experienced fraudulent charges. I'm not sure if your data was leaked or if someone stole my information. English is not my native language, so please forgive any mistakes.

On July 7, 2023, at 04:18:24, unauthorized charges were made on my credit card at HOPPER *TRAVEL for $10.03 and $131.54 respectively.

Clearly it needs to be addressed but I don't believe Redfox has your card number. That would be a payment processor technically speaking.

from what I remember when I bought Any Stream lifetime, $131.54 looks like the amount for a lifetime key. I would triple check your e-mail. IF you are NOT from the US, 100% contact your CC provider as that charge was done in USD and I am guessing the $10.03 is currency conversion fee (maybe)

Interesting wizi... if that is the case, maybe it's a way for Redfox to get around the credit card companies trying to restrict Redfox from accepting cards, but I'd be a little surprised because this appears to the first time this has been reported. If the customer sees the Redfox-related charges AND these two from "Hopper Travel," then it is likely fraud caused by a leak at the card processor. Redfox isn't the source of the fraud.

@Ivan
he should probably look into it but I'm not sure if he'll be able to help you, I don't believe it's a mistake on REDFOX's part

After consulting with bank personnel, it was revealed that overseas, only the card number and credit card verification code are required to make credit card transactions, while domestic credit card transactions have additional security measures in place.

After consulting with bank personnel, it was revealed that overseas, only the card number and credit card verification code are required to make credit card transactions, while domestic credit card transactions have additional security measures in place.
Either way, I am sure they told you that you are not responsible for fraudulent charges, that they are closing your card and reissuing you a new one while they investigate.

I believe you should take this issue seriously, so I'm posting to inform you that my credit card was only used on your website, and then I experienced fraudulent charges. I'm not sure if your data was leaked or if someone stole my information. English is not my native language, so please forgive any mistakes.

On July 7, 2023, at 04:18:24, unauthorized charges were made on my credit card at HOPPER *TRAVEL for $10.03 and $131.54 respectively.
Had nothing to do with us. Sorry you had issues. Look someplace else for your supposed fraud.

Either way, I am sure they told you that you are not responsible for fraudulent charges, that they are closing your card and reissuing you a new one while they investigate.
This is how the matter was handled subsequently. I just wanted to inform you that this incident occurred. Thank you all for your assistance.

Ivan is indisposed until Sunday. I will make sure he sees this.

Thank you for informing us, we take any credit card fraud and identity theft very seriously. I just wonder why you came up with this more than 7 months later...

Rest assured that we do not have any leaks, because
  1. We do not store any credit card data.
  2. The payment provider used with your order is 100% safe, we work with them for many years and never had any issue.
  3. If we would have a leak, we would have had more issues like yours since your unauthorized charge in July 2023.

How somebody can get your credit card data if not leaked by RedFox? Usually there are (at least) 3 ways to get your credit card data:
  1. By huge data breaches, check if you already have been pawned by entering your email address at https://haveibeenpwned.com/ - you will be surprised...
  2. By malware stealing your data stored on your hard disk or keyloggers while you ordering. Malware is often distributed with cracks (e.g. tools for resetting trial periods).
  3. By trial and error using random data. A credit card number consist of the brand (Mastercard/Visa), the card issuing bank (BIN, bank identification number), and some digits for your card number. "Secured" by a 3- or 4-digit CVV number. There are hundreds of websites with free credit card number generators, including CVV. I don't share here any links to them, Google knows them all.
The fact that you first got charged with a $10.03 "test" transaction, brings me to the conclusion that you got hit by the trial-and-error trick #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back