• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating an image (iso) of an e-learning software

Frost.1989

Hi,

I have a couple older e-learning programmes (2006-2015) for electrical engineering, that I would like to use on my laptop which has no CD drive.
I am not really familiar with making copies of PC programmes, but I have tried to use this guide.

It suggests either using alcohol 120% with detecting the type of protection or ripping with CloneCD whilst anydvd in the background.

I have tried both methods, but in both the rip programm would stop at some point.

The protection on these CDs is called "ProtectDISC".

I was hoping, that maybe someone can give some advice on what else I could try.

Thanks a lot.

Why would you not just copy the files from the CD to another location and run them? Or are they straight up video files only?

To my knowledge and understanding, depending on the ProtectDisc version, you may need DaemonTools Pro (or whatever they call it now) to create a backup ISO.
And run the ISO from that virtual drive.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the replies.
Yes the CD is necessary to run the programm.
Ofc I can run it with an external drive. But I want to be able to do it with a virtual drive, because I find it very annoying to plug in an external drive, everytime I want to use these programms. Also I am very often at different locations, so that would be just very inconvinient. The newer versions of these Programms are all downloadable (no CD required), but I would have to buy them again...and they cost about 100$ each.

@tectpro Do you think really that DaemonToolsPro can do this? Can it bypass copy protection?

Does it really have copy protection? I mean if you can run it off the CD without any special software I don't see it having any? Could you not just make an ISO of the entire disk as is and run it in the same fashion as if it were a physical disc after mounting the ISO?

You may want to check their forum. Registration is closed but you can still read most of it and they have a trial version.

Does it really have copy protection? I mean if you can run it off the CD without any special software I don't see it having any? Could you not just make an ISO of the entire disk as is and run it in the same fashion as if it were a physical disc after mounting the ISO?
ProtectCD will install stuff that checks original CD or DVD. Also checks for emulated drives.
To my knowledge CD uses some data positioning management and DVD uses CSS sectors. This is a short description.

In my early computer days many disks were protected like this ... I must admit, I never got it to work smoothly with an image ... had to use a crack if I didn't want to insert the CD :rolleyes:

In my early computer days many disks were protected like this ... I must admit, I never got it to work smoothly with an image ... had to use a crack if I didn't want to insert the CD :rolleyes:
Same experience here.

Hey, thanks for the replies.
Yes the CD is necessary to run the programm.
Ofc I can run it with an external drive. But I want to be able to do it with a virtual drive, because I find it very annoying to plug in an external drive, everytime I want to use these programms. Also I am very often at different locations, so that would be just very inconvinient. The newer versions of these Programms are all downloadable (no CD required), but I would have to buy them again...and they cost about 100$ each.

@tectpro Do you think really that DaemonToolsPro can do this? Can it bypass copy protection?
FYI

If this is a DVD you may need this plugin from this topic https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/keep-protection-for-dvds.73764/post-475276
To create the backup to annimage of that DVD.
Follow the instructions in the archive.

Keep in mind, test the trial first and see if it works for you.

EDIT: I saw that the plugin is already included in the lastest version.
Please report back when it worked, so other users who find this topic know. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Back