CPU Usage, other applications at 100% with version 1.1.7.0

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by OP06D, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OP06D

OP06D Member

After upgrading to version 1.1.7.0, I am unable to complete a successful copy/conversion to file (MKV. MP4) with CloneBD. The CPU Usage, other applications bar goes to 100% and after a min. or so CloneBD announces it has successfully completed. The file size appears to be correct, however when the file is played it stops after a few seconds. Checking process monitor while CloneBD is working, there are multiple FFMpeg process belonging to CloneBD which I'm guessing it thinks are competing programs. I've never seen this before. When CloneBD completes there are no error messages, it htinks all went well. I have reproduced this on in win7 and 10. Not sure what's going on here, I have not seen anyone complain about this before. Any ideas or advice would be helpful.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

When the encoding aborts, click the blue button for a logfile and attach it here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. OP06D

OP06D Member

That's just it it doesn't abort. It says copy completed successfully which itself is weird. Anyway here is the log file from a failed attempt. Just to try something different I downgraded to CloneBD 1.1.6.0 still the same problem. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

@Pete or @Reto your assistance is requested

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

5. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

I reported something a bit like this quite a while ago. But in my case it was purely the CPU usage indication that was incorrect, CloneBD was intermittently switching to a mode where it counted large amounts of its own CPU usage as other applications CPU usage. The output file was correct.

6. OP06D

OP06D Member

Was there any kind of fix. Was there a solution if any?

7. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

No.
    As far as I remember they said that since it only happened to me and the file outputted was correct it wasn't going to be fixed.

8. Fabian

Fabian Developer

There are a few newer discs that show this behavior, a strange video clock. We are still investigating why this happens.

9. OP06D

OP06D Member

Unfortunately for me, it happens with any BD I try to backup. Do you have any advice as to what I could try on my end?