• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Couple Questions about AnyStream

HDDVDBoy

I have been using it for a couple weeks and there are a few questions I have...

1. Am I doing something wrong that sometime I only see stereo audio for stuff that I know has 5.1? I can get it to show the 5.1 buy restarting the program, but some times I have to restart it multiple times, like one day it took like 6 times, I really just want to know if this is a known issue or if I have something set wrong that is causing it.

2. On Hulu specifically there have been 2 shows that are in 4k that I told it to get the whole season and it got 2 eps in 1080 on 1 and 1 ep in 1080 on the other. when I go and try to re-get just those eps they only show 1080 in the drop down? is this a Hulu issue, I know Hulu is the king of screwing up stuff they put up, like random eps on having stereo audio which is so annoying. The shows are The Patient eps 8 & 9 and Reboot ep 4.

3. This is just something I have wondered about, if you set AS to download a whole season and only random eps have forced subs, will it always get the forced subs?

Thanks for a great program this thing is awesome.

1. Am I doing something wrong that sometime I only see stereo audio for stuff that I know has 5.1? I can get it to show the 5.1 buy restarting the program, but some times I have to restart it multiple times, like one day it took like 6 times, I really just want to know if this is a known issue or if I have something set wrong that is causing it.
If it happens again, then create and upload a log for the devs to identify the issue. First, create one when you only have stereo. Then restart AS until you have 5.1 and create a second one. Post both.

if you set AS to download a whole season and only random eps have forced subs, will it always get the forced subs?
That is a thing I am not sure about. It has been an issue and might be fixed, but I never actually tried if it works now. And I cannot tell what I heard last about this.

Yes, it will always download the forced subs if you check it in the download box for ep 1. The rest will get it also , but only if there are forced sub in those episodes.

if you check it in the download box for ep 1
And if EP1 has no forced subs, but EP2 does? Will AS now download them or is it still not the case? I might have to add, I haven't used Amz or NF for a while now, so I have no clue of what the current behaviour is.

If it happens again, then create and upload a log for the devs to identify the issue. First, create one when you only have stereo. Then restart AS until you have 5.1 and create a second one. Post both.

That is a thing I am not sure about. It has been an issue and might be fixed, but I never actually tried if it works now. And I cannot tell what I heard last about this.
Ok thanks, I will.

And if EP1 has no forced subs, but EP2 does? Will AS now download them or is it still not the case? I might have to add, I haven't used Amz or NF for a while now, so I have no clue of what the current behaviour is.
Yes this was the main thing I wanted to know, if there is no forced in the first ep will it still get them for other eps that do?

Yes this was the main thing I wanted to know, if there is no forced in the first ep will it still get them for other eps that do?
I cannot give you an answer for every series that has episodes, or every language that has forced subs, try it and see what happens.

Unfortunately not ... you have to find an episode with forced subs and check that one and all subsequential episodes for download which then contain the subs if they are available.

Unfortunately not ... you have to find an episode with forced subs and check that one and all subsequential episodes which then contain the subs if they are available.
So it is still not fixed... Despite me having a solution suggested several months ago...
If they don't want to implement it, could they at least print a .txt file that contains the filenames of all episodes that have non-downloaded subs because they didn't exist for EP1? That way, it would at least be easier to get them manually. No, I don't want to check several hundred EPs myself.

Back