• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download.

Don922

I started getting this error while downloading episodes of Downton Abbey. I am running AnyStream Plus 1.4.9.5 (64 bit). Not every episode fails. Never encountered this error before updating to 1.4.9.5. Retrying failed episodes works.

I am writing to a NAS drive and the drive is NOT full.

Drive Space.jpg

Anyone else encounter this error?

Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.5.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
2 things I can think of as possibilities. First, I think even if you download something to a remote location it gets cached locally first on your C drive as it comes down, at least part of it. Second you might be severely over running the write speed at the NAS especially if you are running RAID 5. RAID 5 or similar mechanisms will read pretty fast but they write fairly slowly because they have to do the RAID thing on the fly. Just some thoughts on that.

I suggest trying to download locally in this case at least as a test.

Thanks for the response.

No, it writes it directly to the destination drive. It's a pretty fast NAS with lots of memory and NVME caching. AnyStream actually runs in a Windows VM on the NAS itself, so I don't have to keep my laptop on. It has been running this way since I stated using AS a few years ago. Like I said, I never encountered this issue till upgrading to version 1.4.9.5. Could be coincidence.

Dude I am just trying to help. If you don't like my suggestions that is fine. I am sure someone else will eventually post.

I thanked you and appreciated your response. It’s just that it has run like this for two years without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't trying to be sassy just matter of fact. Maybe someone else will post a more acceptable solution for you. I am sure it will get figured out.

If you are running a VM on a set of disks and then downloading to that same set of disks via a mapped drive, that is pretty squirrely and I can see caches getting over run and possibly the NAS. Yes it's run like that for some time I get it but maybe a windows update or a NAS update has changed queueing or caching just enough to cause an issue. Maybe try downloading directly to your VM which is what I was getting at before.

I’ll try it but the VM is running off a different set of NVME drives so no contention for the hard drives.

1 set of NVME M.2 drives for the system and VMs.
1 set of NVME M.2 drives for caching the hard drives.
1 set of hard drives for data.

I'm not an expert in Logfile evaluation but there could be a network hiccup or someting:
Immediately after
Code:
[Error] [Mux:prime] Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download.
there is
Code:
[Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #4 has encountered a network error with code 5
I'm with DQ for a first troubleshooting ... try to download locally.

For a more detailed analysis better have a dev look over it.

Its absolutely a Network error, because something changed, I see other successful downloads of Downtown Abbey and when it got to here it tried 4 times and then stopped.
00:06:24.137 - [Error] [Mux:prime] Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download.

00:06:24.138 - [Notice] [Mux:prime] Download process was aborted.

00:06:24.139 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #4 has encountered a network error with code 5

00:06:24.140 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] There are no open requests.

Thanks for looking.

Well if it a network error I suggest the error message that is displayed be changed to reflect that it is a network error and not an error writing to the output.

Thanks for looking.

Well if it a network error I suggest the error message that is displayed be changed to reflect that it is a network error and not an error writing to the output.

Could be both, one causing the other.

Reactions: DQ
It would follow logic that if you were having network issues on one end or the other and saving to a mapped drive, while the movie comes down fine from the CDN it's having trouble saving to your mapped drive due to network issues. Hence the program complaining about saving to the destination.

Clearly I am making a few assumptions there based on little info but just trying to follow the logic to help you get to the bottom of it.

If your exhaust pipe is blocked (for whatever reason :D) your car will probably show you an engine issue ... just a silly example ;)
But that's why we are troubleshooting(y)

I’ll try it but the VM is running off a different set of NVME drives so no contention for the hard drives.

1 set of NVME M.2 drives for the system and VMs.
1 set of NVME M.2 drives for caching the hard drives.
1 set of hard drives for data.

I am downloading to new 64TBs setup I have and its downloading just fine locally, I do not use a NAS, but Downtown Abbey is working fine

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was able to queue up all episodes and they downloaded without any further failures.

AS+ is running in a VM on the NAS that has the shared folders. When it accesses the folders/files the physical network is not involved as it uses a virtual switch on the NAS. I could disconnect the physical network and the VM would still be able to access the shares.

There is still a lot going on there tech wise to pull that off that could be causing you grief. I personally still suggest trying to download just to the VM directly without the mapped drives involved just as a test.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was able to queue up all episodes and they downloaded without any further failures.

AS+ is running in a VM on the NAS that has the shared folders. When it accesses the folders/files the physical network is not involved as it uses a virtual switch on the NAS. I could disconnect the physical network and the VM would still be able to access the shares.

Without a physical connection, your virtual switch would not receive any data for AS to write to the folder.
The only time your physical connection would not be involved would be the final stage of decrypting, combining parts and muxing them into one.

You didn't mention your type of NAS, but you explained well how it is set-up. Mine is set-up in a similar manner. The system is run completely on an NVME and of
course...it's completely your choice where you have your VM's run...NVME also being the smart move. It's doubtful, but I'm wondering if you had a hiccup in your cache drive.
I'm kinda doubting it, but if your problem persists...it might be worth a try to disable cache or flushing it if the problem happens again.

I'm assuming you never had the problem before...have you done a firmware update recently to the NAS?

Could be caching or queueing within the OS or the NAS itself due to the complication of the mapped drive. Wrapping up a download at high speed (like if there is a gigabit internet connection) in SMB to slower drivers in a RAID 5 for example might overrun the drive setup. And SMB might just be making it worse and could be the tipping point.

That's where I was thinking a download to the local VM drive would just be a first way to test. Just sort of simplify it a bit.

Nice, I have quite the same setup, VM on RAID5 with NVME Write cache ... but I didn't encounter issues with AS, not even with the newest version.
In addition to Jimc115's suggestions you could check the network card model you provide to the VM, maybe there's driver updates?
Or change the model itself?
Is it a Win11 VM? Hopefully not... according to my experiences, that could cause issues too. :rolleyes:

Back