• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting SRT (Text) Subtitles to Blu-ray

Hello ... I'm new to this forum and this is my first post - question:

Is there a way you can add East European support for .srt subs. Program is great and process is completely trouble free, but the XML file is useless, because it won't show east european characters.

Cheers

Thanks Mike for pointing me to ''easySUP'' ... The author of ''easySUP'' solved my problem ... Actually, all I had to do is to change regional settings for non-unicode characters in my system (silly me), and now I have right characters with ''easySUP'' and ''SRT2XMLSUB'' too.

CHEERS

I uploaded a new build correcting a bug in the colour picker & improving the border rendering (some letters like X were abit jagged in the corners)

New version as layman666 found a bug:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1393521#post1393521

I tried the vertical slider but to no avail. While Y-values in a specific XML-file were all the same for a given slider position, after importing the different XML-files into BDSup2Sub the subtitles were all placed at the bottom of the page, no matter what the slider position was.

The slider only worked after you previewed.

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong version - please download again.

How do you account for timing issues? I have a 24fps Video file and have used 24 and 25 fps subtitle files (SRT->XML->SUB) and the subtitles either do not appear when I keep them at 24fps throughout the conversion processes, or get progressively out of sync as the movie goes on if I convert the frame rate at any time.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=262758#post262758

Any idea how to fix this?

Let's use SRT subtitles from a 24fps source.

SRT->XML using Clown_SRT2XMLSUB 0.07, XML output to 24fps, 1080p.
XML->SUB using BDSup2Sub 4.0, output to 24fps, 1080p (1920x1080).

There are no subs in the final movie!

If I ever specify a different framerate in the XML output (say, 25 fps) and then convert back to 24fps in the SUB output I get subtitles in the final BD image but they get progressively out of sync as time goes on. I've tried 25fps subtitles too from DVD rips but they are still out of sync.

I'm confused as to why you'd want to use this tool to make XML, then import XML to BDSup2Sub, when easySUP is just one-step? What are the advantages of mike_r's tool?

I couldn't get easySUP to work. It says it is done processing but I see no SUP file.

Additionally the BDSub2Sup program can re-position the subtitles to be in the image of a 2.40:1 movie. I much prefer this to having the subs in the black bars.

Mike great app. Thanks.

after i processes the SRT and convert it to a sub, I Use BDSub2sup to convert it to SUP... at the end of the conversion process it says it can't find a xxx.png file (where xxx is the name of the XMPNG file i specify in the clown tool as the output file name). Where do I get this file to make the conversion flawless?

Here's a readout from bdsub2sup:

Decoding frame 1375/1379
Decoding frame 1376/1379
Decoding frame 1377/1379
Decoding frame 1378/1379
Decoding frame 1379/1379
ERROR: file C:\Users\John\Desktop\aa\xxx_.png not found.Decoding frame 82/1379
Decoding frame 82/1379

* Note: you can ignore "Decoding frame 82/1379". That's just there because I was viewing frame 82 on bdsub2sup.

Is the clown_xml2srtsub able to recognize "tone letters" such as "É" or "é"?

in the LOTR: The Return of the King, the srt subs from OpenSubtitles use "Sméagol" but when using clown_xml2srtsub the png produced looks nothing like Sméagol but comes out as "Smacagol". Any workaround? I'd rather not edit the SRT and replace Sméagol with Smeagol as I'd like to maintain authenticity.

Is the clown_xml2srtsub able to recognize "tone letters" such as "É" or "é"?

in the LOTR: The Return of the King, the srt subs from OpenSubtitles use "Sméagol" but when using clown_xml2srtsub the png produced looks nothing like Sméagol but comes out as "Smacagol". Any workaround? I'd rather not edit the SRT and replace Sméagol with Smeagol as I'd like to maintain authenticity.

See here

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=228309&postcount=23

Hi,

thanks for the tool. I have now a little question, I spend 2 days searching the internet with no lock. I extracted subtitles from a original BluRay and converted them as "Forced only" into sub.
Now how can I make them to import in my BluRay structure? I tried it once, but they weren't shown.

I thing this is not only interesting for original movies, but also for this tool.

Empty line at the end of srt causes "xxx_.png" problem

I think I have the solution to beachball8 problem. At least, it worked for me.

The same problem happened to me and I noticed that there was an empty line in the end of the original srt. I opened the srt with MS Word and erased this empty line at the end of the srt, and later converted the srt with Clown_SRT2XMLSUB and opened and converted the resulting XML and PNGs with no problems at all.

Try it!

italics?

And now I have a question:

Can Clown_SRT2XMLSUB produce pngs with subtitles or parts of subtitles in italics? How?

Thanks in advance!

italics? 2

Or: what tags (if any) does the srt need to include so as to produce png subtitles partly or entirely in italics?

I think this is a better way to express it.

Thx again!

Hi,

thanks for the tool. I have now a little question, I spend 2 days searching the internet with no lock. I extracted subtitles from a original BluRay and converted them as "Forced only" into sub.
Now how can I make them to import in my BluRay structure? I tried it once, but they weren't shown.

I thing this is not only interesting for original movies, but also for this tool.

D,
What did you use to extract the subs from the Bluray?

If you use HDDVD/Bluray stream extractor, you can extract the subtitles in Bluray format (SUP) and then use BDSupToSub to create a forced subtitle SUP file. No conversion, the program just strips out the forced subtitles.

You then have a SUP file to import back in to the Bluray structure.

Dear Friends

BDsup2sub, please tell me what should I set in:
- Palette: keep existing, create new, dithered
- Filter: Bilinear, Triangle, Bicubic, Bell, B-Spline, Hermit, Lanczos3, Mitchell

...to have the best result when creating BD .sup file?

Best regards.

Sincerely

Back