• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting HD-DVD to Blu-Ray

Just because it plays on the PC doesn't mean it will play in a settop player, PC's are much more lax about playback. I can take HD DVD's and make a disc to disc copy to a blank HD DVDr (with AnyDVDHD running) and they play back perfectly on PC's, but won't play back in my settop Toshiba HD DVD player

By the way the VC-1 support isn't that good we thought. We have some playback issues of the converted Blu ray on the PS3.

I use RipBot264 myself for all my VC-1 -> AVC/H.264 conversion:

http://download.videohelp.com/download/RipBot264v1.9.6.7z

I use an insanely high Profile (ESA, RDO Level 2, CRF = 18), which takes ages to decode, even on my quadcore. But the result is spectaluar, and streams perfectly on my PS3.

Would anyone be able to convert my Lost in Translation HD-DVD to BluRay (that'll play on my PS3) for me?

I don't have the hardware to do it, unfortunately.

I'll pay for the blank disc and the time it takes to make it.

My HD A2 is broken and this is one of my favorite movies of all time. USHE isn't planning to release it on BluRay any time soon (I emailed them and asked, they replied that it wasn't currently in the works.) The DVD
version is of terrible quality.

I read through this thread and someone already mentioned on page 2 that they had attemtped to convert their LiT copy to BluRay. Although he mentioned it didn't work I'm hoping someone was able to sort it out.

For those of you still having a problem with audio on ps3 with vc1 playback, try this.
Once you get to the tsMux step, choose m2ts
Then convert that file to a mp4 file, making sure your converter will change to codec to h264
I used dvdFab, but many work.

Easiest way would be just to use Clown BD, I converted all my HD DVD's to Blu-ray using it all with no audio issues and no re-rendering to h264 needed

Can't get clown bd to work with hddvd

Easiest way would be just to use Clown BD, I converted all my HD DVD's to Blu-ray using it all with no audio issues and no re-rendering to h264 needed

I have not been able to get clown_bd to work for HD DVD's, works perfect for every blu-ray I throw at it. But on HDDVD when it gets to

"Clown_BD v0.75- Step 3"
eacto 2nd Pass

I can't select any of the check boxes (chapters, video, audio or subtitles)
or any of the audio or subtitle boxes on the right side.

Have tried changing all the output audio format and movie output format buttons on the bottom but doesn't help.
When I click next I get "No Streams selected" and it kicks back to the opening screen of clown_bd
Is there something special you have to do for HD-DVD's??

No - should work as BD, but I'll try this myself.

Got it too work, had to use anydvd to rip to hard drive first and to do it's magic to the files, now it found all it needs and is working, (and very fast also)

I've not had time to try myself yet, but it should make no difference reading from the disk on the flay or hard drive.

Back