Convert Main Movie to MP4 Fails

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by jwjohnson, Jan 31, 2015.

  1. jwjohnson

    jwjohnson Well-Known Member

    I've tried converting main movie on several BD's to an MP4 suitable for playback on iPad etc. Every one I've tried so far seems to start off well, but then just stops after a few minutes and then the error screen pops up. I've sent the error logs to Elby. I've had the same issue with each release. Here are some log files.

    I'm using the iPad Air device with size of output set to 720x1280 and quality adjusted to give just under a 2GB file for a 2 hour movie.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. RedFox 1

    RedFox 1 Super Moderator

    Set it to 1280X720p instead LOL 720X1280 wont work. LOL. (joke)
     
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  3. jwjohnson

    jwjohnson Well-Known Member

    Thanks for that. It does help to have a good sense of humor when working with new software.
    As you surmised, I meant 1280x720. Hopefully a new version will help with the issues I'm having.
     
  4. BagNDrag

    BagNDrag Member

    I've been having the same issue. I have tried several titles including Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug and none of them completely finish. Guardians quits 9 mins into the movie, The Hobit quits just over 2 hours into the movie... I hope a solution comes out soon as I have paid for the full version and haven't been able to backup anything yet.

    -Mark
     
  5. Adbear

    Adbear Well-Known Member

    There must be issues to do with system specs and other programs installed as I've run both GotG and Desolation of Smaug through multiple times and always get a perfect copy to MP4. In fact at the moment I'm mainly testing out discs that others have issues with because I can rarely get anything to fail. Now if only they'd add in chapter markers and subtitles to MKV's I'd be pretty much set
     
  6. jwjohnson

    jwjohnson Well-Known Member

    Tried GOTG again with the newest version. (1.0.2.8 ) Same settings. Main movie to mp4 1280x720 with quality adjusted for about a 2gb file. Only the main english sound track and no subs. A windows 7 error box popped up with the following info.

    Code:
     Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	Drone.libav.exe
      Application Version:	0.55.57.2
      Application Timestamp:	02f6cf98
      Fault Module Name:	Drone.libav.exe
      Fault Module Version:	0.55.57.2
      Fault Module Timestamp:	02f6cf98
      Exception Code:	40000015
      Exception Offset:	00350f78
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	0aee
      Additional Information 2:	0aee4ebef5591ac1b70b86c99699e060
      Additional Information 3:	8a20
      Additional Information 4:	8a20912bf53fda65cf60aefa4e6794dd
    Clone BD says the copy was created successfully, but only 19 minutes of the movie is there.

    I could not get Clone BD to create a log file. Pressing Alt for even 2 minutes did nothing.

    At least it's a different error display than with the previous versions.


    EDIT:

    I tried the same job again after disabling AVG Anti-VIrus and reinstalling Clone BD. Same error, only this time I was able to create an error log by pressing the ALT key. Here it is. I'm also sending it to elby.

    View attachment GOTG_Errors.zip
     
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. jwjohnson

    jwjohnson Well-Known Member

    Update on Converting Main Movie-Clone BD 1.0.2.9

    So,
    I accept the fact that some individuals have been able to make an MP4 of this movie, but I still can't. I've installed the latest update. I've cleaned out any unnecessary programs. I've run windows update and installed all the important updates. I've updated to the latest graphic drivers. I've tried moving the Clone BD temp files and output files to various hard drives and that hasn't changed anything. I have plenty of hard drive space and memory in the computer.

    On this particular movie the conversion goes fine until just over 25% completion I get the windows error box shown below. A minute or so later Clone BD reports the conversion has finished. I am able to create a log by pressing the ALT key. I've attached that as well as the error displayed by windows and a screenshot of my basic computer specs. I've tried the same movie converting to MKV. The movie appears to complete, but the video freezes at about 30% through the movie even though the sound plays on.

    It's getting frustrating reading other people having success and not being able to duplicate their results. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Jeff

    View attachment GOTG_ErrorLog_20150214.zip Sys1.jpg Sys2.jpg
     
  8. jwjohnson

    jwjohnson Well-Known Member

    Get a bigger hammer

    Following some old advice I finally decided to change what I could with my system.
    I did a clean install of Windows 7 on an additional hard drive. Installed all the necessary motherboard and video drivers then installed AnyDVD HD, CloneBD, and Virtual Clone Drive with the appropriate keys for the first two. Same errors as before.
    Then got out a bigger hammer.
    I downloaded the Windows 8.1 trial and installed it on the new drive after formatting it. Did the same thing with drivers except Win 8.1 had more drivers built in so fewer things to install. I installed the same Slysoft and Elby products and Voila! Clone BD now seems to work for me. I've done 4 movies including GOTG which was my always fail in the same spot test movie. They all work fine. Now if they can just get forced subtitles to work (Identify appropriate subs and burn them into the mp4 file) then I'll be satisfied.
     
  9. stevied21

    stevied21 Active Member

    Good job. That's good to know.