• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Conversion Software

and the point of that quote is? Users are free to choose which method they use to shrink DVD's and how they do it.

Exit AnyDVD, then go to reauthor...get the titles to display, select which one you want, and it will back up the title sans menu.
I used it as a temp movie only copy on the Lionsgate releases with the hidden titles...it WON'T work with AnyDVD on.
Full menu I believe it needs the AnyDVD on to decrypt full menu, etc.
Don't know why...but I did a MO for Criminal, Allegiant, etc before I downloaded 8.0.3.1

and the point of that quote is? Users are free to choose which method they use to shrink DVD's and how they do it.
There is no point...I don't know how that got posted...accident.
I USUALLY have a point and don't hesitate to make it!
LOL!
I deleted the post...

Exit AnyDVD, then go to reauthor...get the titles to display, select which one you want, and it will back up the title sans menu.
I used it as a temp movie only copy on the Lionsgate releases with the hidden titles...it WON'T work with AnyDVD on.
Full menu I believe it needs the AnyDVD on to decrypt full menu, etc.
Don't know why...but I did a MO for Criminal, Allegiant, etc before I downloaded 8.0.3.1

Why would you exit AnyDVD, after it has all ready done its job? that doesn't make any sense. Of course, dvd shrink would work then, because it has all ready removed the decryption? I don't know what you mean that for those titles, AnyDVD wouldn't work if ON? Those movies need AnyDvd ON, whether you are backing up just the movie, or the full dvd including Menu and everything else. You are starting to make no sense at all, but whatever, if these rather odd methods work for you, then have at it.

Why would you exit AnyDVD, after it has all ready done its job? that doesn't make any sense. Of course, dvd shrink would work then, because it has all ready removed the decryption? I don't know what you mean that for those titles, AnyDVD wouldn't work if ON? Those movies need AnyDvd ON, whether you are backing up just the movie, or the full dvd including Menu and everything else. You are starting to make no sense at all, but whatever, if these rather odd methods work for you, then have at it.
LOL!
AnyDVD doesn't REMOVE protection forever, it removes it while it's on. Turn it off and protection is working...
I have made m.o. copies of Lionsgate using Shrink...with AnyDVD turned OFF...you obviously haven't.
I said SHRINK won't work in REAUTHOR if AnyDVD is on...specific words you can't seem to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the aggression?
Is that your tone, too, when you're talking face to face?
Keep it civil, please.
Yes, I do...why?
Don't take my good intentions and efforts to help and insult me from a lack of smarts and reading skills...and I'm sweet as honey and cupcakes!
Otherwise...I'm pretty straight to it and say what's what.
I am in some conversations currently and just forgot I was posting on the open forum...nice sanitizing job!

Anydvd DOES remove protections forever. That's exactly what the anydvd ripper does. Shrink works just fine in reauthoring mode provided you rip to hdd first or the disc does NOT have structural protection.

Your saying things that simply aren't true.

that's what I was trying to tell him, before I got insulted. I know Shrink as well as anybody, and whether you are backing up the entire DVD or reauthoring, you must remove the protection. the scanning process Shrink does before the actual conversion is where it finds protection, and stops if you are not running Anydvd. anything else said is just a fairy tale.

The DVD Shrink 3.2 that I used to use included the ability to remove plain CSS protection itself.
I remember using it before I had AnyDVD, back when I used RPC1 firmware in my DVD drives and region killer to allow playing of both Region 1 and Region 2 disks.

It can still handle current releases fine too if all the have is css. The problem is that it can't handle the newer version of it 'structural protection'. Even if structural is far from new, shrink just never got updated past 3.2.

I have to admit, I was wrong, and my apologies. I just tried a test run with Shrink on a protected CSS DVD movie and it did do the compression with no problems. I've never tried this before, because I've always had Anydvd running, but this time I disabled it. I was very very surprised Shrink still worked. Now this brings about a new question for Anydvd. If the source DVD does not have structural protection, then what do we need Anydvd for? Shrink worked, in both backup for the full DVD, and also reauthoring.

If I don't have anyDVD on, a full protected DVD will NOT work for menu and movie.
It works on movie only if AnyDVD is off.
You may have better luck...
But I don't run into unprotected movies unless I'm working on old movies...a lot of them don't have protection. I just backed up 2 seasons of 2 broke Girls, and CloneDVD had trouble doing the discs. Shrink worked fine, but none of the discs had encryption...weird, and rare except on old series.
The vast majority of my 3000 DVDs DO have protection, so without AnyDVD I'd have 5 or 600 old series of movies.
No thanks! Criminal just laughed and said error, etc...movie only for that I got an error with just AnyDVD if I remember correctly...didn't like Liongate, I guess.
Chevron...are you serious? If a DVD has protection, after backup with AnyDVD the DVD has NO protection?
How does AnyDVD alter an already stamped disc?
I hope you are doing an Olympic drinking game, or are you saying the backup has no protection...which would not be relevant to what I said.

Last edited:
Yes it will. As been said above, shrink has its own limited decryption powers. What discs it can't handle depends on the protection they use. It can't handle criminal because that one uses 'structural protection'.

Yes, I'm dead serious. How? Because the ripper ties into the decryption. When you right click the fox tray icon you have 2 options. 'rip video dvd to hard drive' and 'rip to image'. When your select either one, you rip the disc with anydvd and encryption gets removed during ripping. Result: encryption free copy on hard drive

Which is why we always say 'want to process a movie with structural protection in shrink? Rip to HD first with anydvd'!

However for criminal this might currently not work, because anydvd doesn't fully handle certain versions correctly. Thus you can't use the anydvd ripper on them.

How does anydvd alter an already stamped disc? Well that's the magic of anydvd right? And proprietary technology, which you don't need to know how. That's what it's designed to do!

Whether you let anydvd do things on the fly, or use the built in ripper first doesn't matter. They both tie in to the same decryption engine of anydvd to achieve the result.

So, you are saying AnyDVD takes a commercial DVD, REMOVES permanently the protection forever, and any software can then just copy the disc because there is no more protection?
I'll try and copy a protected disc with AnyDVD, and what you are saying is I can then turn off AnyDVD and the commercial made disc will no longer have protection and ANY software will copy it?
That sounds unbelievable as DVDs aren't RWs, just write once only.
But you are saying AnyDVD erases the protection right off the pressed disc forever with just one use?
EDIT: Well, I knew you were misinforming me...I backed up earlier Kill The Messenger, and used AnyDVD to make the copy.
I turned off AnyDVD and immediately got the message from CloneDVD it doesn't work on protected DVD discs.
As I thought AnyDVD does NOT remove the protection from the disc, it removes the protection from the backup and bypasses the protection on the disc while it's on.
Not too cool to bullshit people who can check on the misinformation.

Last edited:
You are correct but you are also wrong. While AnyDvd is active it removes any protection as the disc is being read, each and every time it is being read. Turn it off, the protection is not removed while the disc is being read, so it is still there. The disc itself is is not rewritten, the protection is still on the disc.

of course you can't physically remove protection from a commercial disc. They aren't rewriteables. Im not misinforming you at all

LOL!
AnyDVD doesn't REMOVE protection forever, it removes it while it's on. Turn it off and protection is working...
I have made m.o. copies of Lionsgate using Shrink...with AnyDVD turned OFF...you obviously haven't.
I said SHRINK won't work in REAUTHOR if AnyDVD is on...specific words you can't seem to understand.

Anydvd DOES remove protections forever. That's exactly what the anydvd ripper does. Shrink works just fine in reauthoring mode provided you rip to hdd first or the disc does NOT have structural protection.

Your saying things that simply aren't true.

of course you can't physically remove protection from a commercial disc. They aren't rewriteables. Im not misinforming you at all
[/B]
I said that over and over, you keep saying it DOES remove protection forever, I said several times when it's off it doesn't remove any protection as the disc is unwriteable, you said I'm wrong it does remove protection forever, I said it only decrypts when it's on, you said I was saying untrue things...where did you learn your English? School?
I said the same thing over and over and you gave me a hard time,and now you're parroting back to me what I said from the beginning.
I KNOW THE DISCS ARE NOT REWRITEABLE< YOU SUGGESTED THEY WERE AS AnyDVD REMOVES DECRYPTION FOREVER...WHAT IS YOR PURPOSE MISLEADING PEOPLE LIKE THIS> READ THE POSTS I MADE, AND YOUR RESPONSES,I SAID THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND YOU DISAGREED.
Once again, I know what I said and you said I was wrong and the other poster finally realized I was right and he was wrong...you are NOT helping here.
Even he came to the same conclusion and you still disagreed with me on those simple facts (gained through experience) that AnyDVD only works when it's on and every time it has to be on or the disc is STILL encrypted...unless using an old software like Shrink which will make a M.O. copy with AnyDVD OFF! OFF! OFF!
Is anyone still not getting that fact? OFF! M.O. with Shrink in reauthor ONLY! OFF! OFF! OFF!
Jesus! LOL!
I said this from the very beginning and I am no longer gonna even consider giving any more friendly help to anyone here...too many silly posts on simple things.
You may continue posting misleading facts and confusing members.

and it still removes protection forever. use the AnyDVD ripper =>rip to HDD => protection is gone FOREVER. I said nor suggested anything like "they're RW".
Load the rip in anydvd rip in shrink => shrink will work just fine in standard shrink as well as reauthor mode

Back