compatibility issue with Verbatim dvd-r and the Pioneer dvr-112d

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by burnsn, Sep 25, 2007.

1. burnsn

burnsn New Member

Ever since the release of 6.1.7.4 I have been having difficulty backing up my movies. I am getting pixilated video on playback regardless fo what media I am using. I am currently using Verbatim dvd-r with a pioneer dvr 112d with windows XP. This configuration worked great until the recent update. I have also tried to back up movies that worked in the past, but that did not work out either. I have just uninstalled the latest update and am trying out 6.1.7.0 now.

2. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

AnyDVD does not have anything to do with pixilated DVDs. What are you using to compress them?

3. burnsn

burnsn New Member

I am using CloneDVD2

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

That's not an issue with Anydvd. It's a compatibility issue with the Pioneer dvr-112d and Verbatim dvd-r blank media. Update your burner's firmware; and use Verbatim dvd+R instead. Visit this link http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=44767&postcount=1

The Plextor 810SA is a Pioneer DVR-212 rebadge (basically a Sata version of the 112). Not coincidently, that person also had problems with verbatim dvd-r blank media and that drive.

Try Verbatim dvd+rs or try some Taiyo Yuden blank media

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  5. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Also when burning, set your booktype to DVD-ROM. I'm not sure if CloneDVD2 does this but the amazing ImgBurn will. Only for +R media.