• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ coming soon]Peacock is Exploding

mjensen

Does anyone have an insight as to whether Peacock is being worked on for admission to the providers list any time soon? They have a pretty competitive lot to offer.

think the peacock tab was vissible in one of the betas by misstake so possibly? :)

We've seen the secret tab, but it's all a secret, perhaps even a myth hidden deep down in Anystream code ... meanwhile, let's talk about exploding peacocks :ROFLMAO:

I know that they are looking at it, but usually they don't tell how long it will take or sometimes even if/that they are working on it.
So check the changelog with every new version. You can also check the forum every now and then to see if someone created a new post with some feedback about peacock. Then you know it's out.

Does anyone have an insight as to whether Peacock is being worked on for admission to the providers list any time soon? They have a pretty competitive lot to offer.
It's being worked on as I type this, it's not easy to do, we do not work like others when we do something we take our time and do it right. Please have some patience, we will be there within a very short amount of time. It would have been done had other things more important not popped up. You will see it soon. No date will ever be given.;)

It's being worked on as I type this, it's not easy to do, we do not work like others when we do something we take our time and do it right. Please have some patience, we will be there within a very short amount of time. It would have been done had other things more important not popped up. You will see it soon. No date will ever be given.;)

Take your time and do it right? Can you PLEASE call Microsoft and explain that to them? Please?

Actually, I need to make a list of vendors for you to call. Give me some time.

Thanks for the right approach Redfox folks.

I would really like to see Peacock and then Apple TV added. I am already paying for the higher Peacock version without commercials.

I don't have a Peacock account, but I believe they use the same technical solution as Discovery +
Why is this important? Because Paramount+, HBO Max and Discovery + will join to become one streaming service all using the technical solution currently being used by Discovery+
(plz don't discuss the technical solution being used)

I wonder if the HBO Max and Discover Plus merger will mean no more 4K downloads?

HBO Max and Discovery+ will merge. I believe they are talking about using Discovery+ platform (Which in Scandinavia is DRM free) :D Paramount+ should stay as is in US, it's only in EU it becomes SkyShowtime which should use Peacock's streaming platform.

HBO Max and Discovery+ will merge. I believe they are talking about using Discovery+ platform (Which in Scandinavia is DRM free) :D Paramount+ should stay as is in US, it's only in EU it becomes SkyShowtime which should use Peacock's streaming platform.

This is very premature. I listened to their latest management conference call with analysts. The CEO noted both platforms have their issues, and they are taking time to create a new platform to deal with some of the ongoing issues -- playback problems on HBO Max and limited features/resolutions on D+.

The earliest the new combined platform will roll out is Summer 2023, starting with the United States. Europe and other areas will launch closer to 2024. The primary tier they will push is the ad-supported one, but a commercial-free version will also be available.

Content security to protect intellectual property will be given new priority at the combined company. They intend to resell a lot of content to traditional broadcast media, so having copies all over the place will devalue the product.

Much of the costly original content on HBO Max is being canceled or scaled back. The CEO wants to spend a lot less money per show/series/movies, pointing to his belief Discovery+ shows are both popular and cheap. The company wants to cease distributing movies to their streaming service at the same time they appear in theaters. The new owner has recommitted to releasing movie titles in movie theaters first, with access to streaming versions between 2-6 months after playing in theaters.

Hoping Peacock comes soon as it is broken on a certin other site at the moment

Last edited:
Back