• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Combining streams from different providers

Phican

This will probably never be added, but it would be neat to take video from a provider at a higher quality and mix it with a higher quality audio source, such as the same show/movie from netflix and hulu.

Hulu can handle up to 4k on some shows, sure, but often a lot of their audio streams are dirt compared to amazon and netflix. This would also help with the DRM issues to some extent, by allowing someone to download like shows from different providers and provide a more complete higher quality download in the end.

Yes, the timings might be different, this would have to be kept in mind by the customer that the feature would stay experimental and may not always work.

Would save a step from having to download twice and remux the videos ourselves.

This will probably never be added, but it would be neat to take video from a provider at a higher quality and mix it with a higher quality audio source, such as the same show/movie from netflix and hulu.

Hulu can handle up to 4k on some shows, sure, but often a lot of their audio streams are dirt compared to amazon and netflix. This would also help with the DRM issues to some extent, by allowing someone to download like shows from different providers and provide a more complete higher quality download in the end.

Yes, the timings might be different, this would have to be kept in mind by the customer that the feature would stay experimental and may not always work.

The issue with this idea, even if you do it manually, is and would be synchronization
One additional aspect to consider is the need to manage user expectations.

It’s more like to make the twice download and then mix whatever the user likes most… having the “freedom of choice”. And for audio sync, anyone maybe use audacity (free tool) to change audio fps for example and adapt to video…

It's not about audio speed changes ... providers adding content like their logos or extra credits to the videos, and you'd have to cut either that or the audio to sync it...

Ah ok… i understand. Logos whereabout on the screen is sometimes annoying....but not a real issue...... Different thing is "content added", like SKY Itala that adds a little 4 seconds graphics and music before a movie or an episode of a tv show..... there you have to cut and paste.....and it's kinda complicated, because you have to know viedo editing basics and softwares.... :D

Last edited:
I did already mention the sync issue, IE timing. It's not always the case. Anyways, still may be useful.

I already did that on a few movies but I stopped because you have to find the exact same video (duration and fps). Sometimes between Amazon and NF there is several seconds or minutes differences (also with logos at the start), there are also differences between scenes cut. A typical TV show like The Big Bang Theory for example, it's several 5 minutes scenes and between each you have a faded black screen, that is not the samed duration on NF and Amazon... The show "Timeless" have a few episodes that are not at all the same duration (the first episode is 3 minutes longer on NF than Amazon). Furthermore sometimes, there is burned forced subtitles on one, and not on the other, so the subtitles are not good.
For audio sync it's easy, I create mkv file and I check the sync with VLC (you can add or remove delay to check during the playback), once you have the good value you can tell mkvtoolnix to delay the audio and it works.

So, automatically it will be really hard, as it's already hard manually.

If that ever gets implemented, and I also doubt it will because that will be a nightmare to implement, first thing that will happen for sure ... users will come running here and complain: why is my video and audio out of sync?

If that ever gets implemented, and I also doubt it will because that will be a nightmare to implement, first thing that will happen for sure ... users will come running here and complain: why is my video and audio out of sync?
Oh, yeah, that would be quite the swarm!

Would be nice maybe, but really dont think it would be possible there are to many variabels.
one example is D/Ls from paramamount dont even match D/Ls from the paramount stream from amazon, one would think they would sync up but no.

It is certainly possible since we can already do it ourselves manually, but it would take a lot of work to the point that selling it as a supplementary feature would be justified. A few people also combine Atmos audio from their 2D Blu-rays with video from their 3D Blu-rays and use a stream downloader like AnyStream to extract HDR metadata from a digital release and inject it into a higher-bitrate remux from a Blu-ray. Also, Apple Vision Pro users are manually syncing Atmos surround sound system playback to 4K 3D movies viewed in the headset.

I'd also like to see the equivalent of dBpoweramp and PerfectTUNES for DVDs and Blu-rays: automatic identification of and correct media server-friendly descriptive naming of MKVs/MP4s extracted from discs.

Back