CloneDVD running slow

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by veeman51, Mar 30, 2007.

1. veeman51

veeman51 Member

I used to able to backup my movies in about an hour using Any DVD With Clone DVD2. I recently had to do a complete system restore on my hard drive. After i reinstalled my programs, it took four hours to backup a movie. Can anybody tell me why. My programs are both up to date.

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

last year i backed up one of the star wars trilogy-the film was over 2 hours long.
    the estimated time just to create the files was just over 3 hours!
    it turned out that my computer had been hacked and EVERYTHING was running slow-not just clonedvd2.anyway,i couldn't get rid of the hacking tool that was present so i had to reinstall EVERYTHING from scratch.that all happened on my other laptop-which is 100% clean now (i keep it just in case of emergencies).
    i've had no problems with this new laptop.nearly all my dvd's-no matter what length the film's are-take between 30-40mins to back up with clonedvd2.

3. sockeye

sockeye Well-Known Member

Make sure drive is operating in the DMA mode.
    Here's a link to help you.
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

4. veeman51

veeman51 Member

Already checked, drive is running in DMA mode.

5. sockeye

sockeye Well-Known Member

Have you tried uninstalling the drive and the ide channel that its on, and letting Windows reinstall them?

6. RAMROD

RAMROD Well-Known Member

need more info on your pc mine only takes 18 mins to backup a dvd

7. veeman51

veeman51 Member

Figured out what the problem was. Last week i had to reformat my hard drive. I use a portable hard drive to backup my files. It runs slow because i have it plugged into a USB 1.1 port. When i reinstalled CloneDVD the CloneDVDTemp folder ended up in the portable hard drive. Transfered it to the local drive (C), now everything is back to normal. Thank you