• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD running slow

veeman51

I used to able to backup my movies in about an hour using Any DVD With Clone DVD2. I recently had to do a complete system restore on my hard drive. After i reinstalled my programs, it took four hours to backup a movie. Can anybody tell me why. My programs are both up to date.

I used to able to backup my movies in about an hour using Any DVD With Clone DVD2. I recently had to do a complete system restore on my hard drive. After i reinstalled my programs, it took four hours to backup a movie. Can anybody tell me why. My programs are both up to date.
last year i backed up one of the star wars trilogy-the film was over 2 hours long.
the estimated time just to create the files was just over 3 hours!
it turned out that my computer had been hacked and EVERYTHING was running slow-not just clonedvd2.anyway,i couldn't get rid of the hacking tool that was present so i had to reinstall EVERYTHING from scratch.that all happened on my other laptop-which is 100% clean now (i keep it just in case of emergencies).
i've had no problems with this new laptop.nearly all my dvd's-no matter what length the film's are-take between 30-40mins to back up with clonedvd2.

Make sure drive is operating in the DMA mode.
Here's a link to help you.
http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

Have you tried uninstalling the drive and the ide channel that its on, and letting Windows reinstall them?

need more info on your pc mine only takes 18 mins to backup a dvd

Figured out what the problem was. Last week i had to reformat my hard drive. I use a portable hard drive to backup my files. It runs slow because i have it plugged into a USB 1.1 port. When i reinstalled CloneDVD the CloneDVDTemp folder ended up in the portable hard drive. Transfered it to the local drive (C), now everything is back to normal. Thank you

Back