• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Compression

please help me

just registered and saw you so please tell me how to I post my first thread?

help me post. 1st time here

just register and I can't figure out how to "post" a question. please help

just register and I can't figure out how to "post" a question. please help

Select a sub forum to post in, hit the thread starter button.
Please research a bit first with the search button.....many times questions have been covered in detail.:)

A DMA check may not be at issue for mthmannc. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, my guess is that although mthmannc, "being new to this", is posting 60 minutes as his "write time", what he really means is that it is the elapsed time for both the rip, the compression and the burn. In this case, 60 minutes is fine for a backup compressed from a DL original and burned to completion.

Whisperer

thats extreamly alot for a dvd9 to hit to a dvd5 lol of course it could be media speed or the dma check and no its not normal clonedvd2 even says under 30 mins

Sound advice Whisperer. :agree: A minute or 2 saved is not worth sacrificing quality.

are you serious? i doublt it but back to the original poster what is the burn rated speed on the disc? what brand and media code if possible ,.... i use 8x dvd-r and i recommend you to buy from supermediastore.com they have great discounts in bulks of pack

Last edited:
I have verbatim 8x DVD-R and DVD+R which is better. I am going toi try another burn and time it at a lower speed than maximum.

I have verbatim 8x DVD-R and DVD+R which is better. I am going toi try another burn and time it at a lower speed than maximum.
I would use DVD-R, because it is the official one, and is said to have better compatibility. But it doesn't really matter.

I just started the process. It went through the 'writing files' phase in about 35 minutes. It has now been "writing" phase for 15 minutes and the % complete is still on 0% and the program says it is writing on good media.

It is working now and the write phase is 19% complete with an advertised completion of "83 minutes remaining"

Long Burn Time

It sounds like you are burning at 1 or 2x. You may need to see if your burner is set to 1-2x and is not allowing the software to control it. Check your burner's options and see if there is a "preferred speed" setting.

Last edited:
There are no settings at all on the unit. It is rated at burning 8X for DVD+R and 6X for DVD-R

Burner

What make and model of burner are you using? And what type and speed of DVD media?

I am using a Maddog MD-16XDVD9-8XE. I use Verbatim DVD+R 8X and Verbatim DVD-R 8X.

Bitsetting

I can't get the manual from the Maddog site, bit I saw a thread on CDFreaks that someone with your burner was having a problem trying to change the bitsetting option to DVD-ROM. Might check here or your manual and see if it can change to DVD-ROM. http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversion/index.php/t6173.html

I believe CDSpeed might be able to do that for you as well. If you don't have CDSpeed, download it (it's free) and put your disc in and see if it registers as a DVD+/-R or DVD-ROM.

sounds like it could be the dvd media or the dvd drive , in this case i think its the dvd drive and dvd+- they are the same thing now in days both are readable but i always buy dvd-r 8x Tayo youden (TYGO2) anyways so you checked for transfer mode being ultra dma 2 > you selected dvd5 after the first option then when your on the option to OUTPUT method whats selected on perferd speed? try selecting 8 x and see what happens keep us posted but im saying its the drive

I just pulled out the manual at it states the following with respect to bitsetting:

"By having the booktype defaulted to DVD-ROM your Megastor 16X provides the greatest compatibility with existing and older optical storage devices"

Are 'booktype settings' the same as bit settings? It states earlier in the paragraph that the 'Booktype Feild' is commonly referred to as 'compatibility bitsetings'. I will try my next burn at 8X vice 6X selection in CloneDVD2 settings.

I read the forum in CDFreaks, that guy was pretty brutal!

Back