• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Compression

I just started burning another movie at 8X and the estimated writing time displayed on CloneDVD2 is 30 minutes. Much better.

Maybe I spoke too soon. While I was writing the previous note the estimated write time changed to 77 minutes.

Try burning your 8X speed media at 4X speed because (assuming you are on XP) I think Windows may be "recognizing" errors (whether it is true or not) in the data transfer to your burner, and automatically lowering the transfer rate of the channel that your burner is attached to, to PIO without your knowlege. This is a "feature" of XP. Windows 2K doesn't do this.

If not, then maybe your burner is dying?

Whisperer

Later Edit: Sometimes buying new IDE cables and replacing your old cables (be sure they are the fast cables) will resolve data transfer problems. Cables can go bad due to plugging and unplugging them often.

Last edited:
based on what you said your issue is the dvd burner get a better brand lol even i/o magic or someting inexpensive from stapes will do , let us know how it goes or try changing the ide cables too but im aiming for the drive

Back