• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

Much as ClownBD has done a great job in general, its now erroring far too much for me now to use long term...

I'd also hope theres an upgrade path for CloneDVD users as I've only just paid for a lifetime licence :agree:

Yes!

Instead of the lengthy conversion / downscaling it would be much faster and more reliable to just rent the DVD versions of your BD discs and make copy with AnyDVD & CloneDVD .

Wow - why didn't I think of that :bang: Also, just about every BD I have purchased has had the DVD as well.

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

Much as ClownBD has done a great job in general, its now erroring far too much for me now to use long term...

I'd also hope theres an upgrade path for CloneDVD users as I've only just paid for a lifetime licence :agree:
If you have problems with Clown BD then post them in the thread for Clown BD. I've not had any real issues with it apart from the odd VC-1 movie giving problems, over 500 movies run through it so far.
Also, I wouldnt expect an upgrade path to CloneBD (could be wrong) because CloneBD is being written by Slysoft whereas CloneDVD isn't

Dear Friends

It's my first words here, so I am glad to be here with you - hello! :)

I will not be original and I will ask you one simple question and I think the answer is not as simple, but I will give a try - is there any release date of CloneBD or even c.a. date?

I am thinking of buying DVDFab, because I have heard that it can rip Blu-Rays the same way as yours CloneDVD2. Somebody may confirm that it's true?

I have got 67 original BD on my shelf and I am going to buy HDI Dune HD Base 3.0, to put into effect my dream - all my collection of DVD and BD on HDD and sit on my couch with Logitech Harmony One and just click and watch movies.

...but I don't want to have my entire 1:1 BD copies on HDD, I would prefer to Main Movie + English audio track (TrueHD, DTS HD-MA) + Polish subtitles.

That's my dream and I think you may put into effect by releasing CloneBD.

Sorry for my English, it's not my strong side.

I will be glad if you will reply.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Sincerely

I have been using tsMuxer (current version 1.10.6) + AnyDVD HD to do just that. So far I've ripped over 100 BD disks with it - just the main movie + main HD soundtrack + English subtitles and in each case I have also added Bulgarian subtitles as most BluRays do not contain them. On its own tsMuxer is a very capable and handy tool, doing what some of the core functionality of Clone BD will be.

Dear Yordan5

I have been using tsMuxer (current version 1.10.6) + AnyDVD HD to do just that. So far I've ripped over 100 BD disks with it - just the main movie + main HD soundtrack + English subtitles and in each case I have also added Bulgarian subtitles as most BluRays do not contain them. On its own tsMuxer is a very capable and handy tool, doing what some of the core functionality of Clone BD will be.

Yep, I know. At the moment I use my own batch file based on eac3to, tsMuxeR, BDSup2Sub, ssr etc. to rip my BD with main video track, audio HD and subtitles. It's better then use only tsMuxeR, which may have some problems with multiply .m2ts video main track.

Best regards.

Sincerely

I use tsMuxer on its own and I am yet to encounter any problems. I've ripped quite a few BD disks containing seamless branching structure (main movie over several/multiple m2ts files) and they have all come out fine. I always rip to BDMV folder structure.

Using TSMuxer on it's own can cause a slight glitch in the audio where the files join together

Using TSMuxer on it's own can cause a slight glitch in the audio where the files join together

Ah, I have to admit that I have not watched all my "seamless branching" rips from start to end. I do spot checks of a few minutes on 5 or 6 parts of the ripped movie. However, I have watched at least 1 or 2 of them (whole movie) and do not recall apparent problems, though for now I watch them on my PC through 2.1 stereo PC speakers.

Last edited:
I would like to personally offer my services as a beta tester signing full non disclosure documents as well!!!

I guess you would need to have access to a few hundred of commercial BluRay movies among other prerequisites.

I would like to personally offer my services as a beta tester signing full non disclosure documents as well!!!

I too would love to be a tester but I am wondering if and when Clone BD will see the light of day. I have been following postings in the forum on this subject since January of 2009. It doesn't sound like they are moving very fast on this, if at all.

Wisconsin huh? We stole your QB........

Sorry couldnt resist. Now he just needs to come back for another year.

Wisconsin huh? We stole your QB........

Sorry couldn't resist. Now he just needs to come back for another year.

Actually you took him from NY. I hope you guys have better luck getting him to make a commitment to play before the season starts and that he actually comes to training camp.

Can I assume that CloneBD will allow us do do more than what AnyDVDHD gives us? Right now we can already rip the movie to an ISO and burn it with many different programs. So I am hoping that this software is more for compressing and or stripping out the extras similar to what CloneDVD does.

Now what I am looking for is if you re working on a program to convert the movie to formats that are friendly with extenders and portable media devices.

Or will that be an add on to the CloneDVDMobile software or an entirely new product.

I can telly you that DVDFab's implementation is useless and should not have even been released under beta classification. I would not even consider it an alpha.

All the fox will ever do is decrypt BD and DVD period. CloneBD should be similar to CloneDVD from what we have been told. I doubt that it will bring it all the way down to an iPod size or something. However if it does allow you to convert it down to a standard DVD, from there you could then put that into Mobile and then to your format.
I would be happy with just the basic first. Full or movie only to BD-25. Once that has been perfected add the other options we want.
BD to BD25
BD to 2-BD9
BD to BD9
BD to BD5
BD to DVD

I too, am anxiously awaiting CloneBD release. I stop by here every so often hoping that it is coming out soon. I'm patient though.

Full or movie only to BD-25. Once that has been perfected add the other options we want.
BD to BD25
BD to 2-BD9
BD to BD9
BD to BD5
BD to DVD

I assume this new CloneBD software will have BD to DVD but this is a functionality I would really like.

I've started to buy Bluray for the living room, but I cannot easily make a DVD out of it for the kids DVD player or the portable one in the van when we go on vacation.

Thank you SlySoft...

I too, am anxiously awaiting CloneBD release. I stop by here every so often hoping that it is coming out soon. I'm patient though.

CloneBD is a lot like the Yeti or Big Foot , it is rumored to exist but is never seen..... I sure hope cloneBD is not Slysoft's " Duke Nukem "

CloneBD is a lot like the Yeti or Big Foot , it is rumored to exist but is never seen..... I sure hope cloneBD is not Slysoft's " Duke Nukem "

I assure you it is no legend. It is real but it isn't one of those things you just whip up and sell.

I assume this new CloneBD software will have BD to DVD but this is a functionality I would really like.

I've started to buy Bluray for the living room, but I cannot easily make a DVD out of it for the kids DVD player or the portable one in the van when we go on vacation.

Thank you SlySoft...

You can do this currently by using makemkv and handbrake and Nero or Toast (mac) .

Just take you blu ray and run makemkv to create a mkv file , then have handbrake create a Appletv video from the mkv file , then have Nero or Toast create a DVD disc from that. I also here that a program called Convertdvdx can do it too but its not free... Also you can have Nero create a dvd from the movie m2ts file (as long as it is one file and you have the optional codec installed) and make a dvd from it....

But yes it would be nice if the now legendary cloneBD would do a dvd conversion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back