• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

avian100

Anybody know if slysoft is coming out with a program to backup Blu ray? like clonedvd2

So if we purchase CloneDVD, we will get the upgrade to Blu Ray or do we need to purchase another product?

I ask as i was interested in CloneDVD but I need both DVD & BluRay.

Thanks,

Rob

I personally would be more interested in a product that will let me copy a Blu-ray on to a regular DVD (downgrading the resolution, etc.) so that I can purchase a Blu-ray disc but still be able to take a DVD copy on trips that so that if it gets lost or damaged I won't mind. Also, typically when I travel I do not have access to a Blu-ray player.

Also it would be great if it were integrated with regular DVD cloning, so that I only had to have one program installed rather than multiples.

I don't mind paying for such a product, but it would be great if current CloneDVD2 owners got a discount! :)

Not sure you'd get a discount as Clone BD is being made by Slysoft whereas CloneDVD is by Elaborate Bytes, 2 different companies

There were some posts a while back that indicated there would be an upgrade path for existing SlySoft users, but there's no saying if that's still true. Hopefully, though. Wasn't the CloneBD product supposed to replace CloneDVD mobile? If so, I'd think there'd be an upgrade path at least for mobile owners.

And it's nice to finally see someone officially say it's coming soon.

I personally would be more interested in a product that will let me copy a Blu-ray on to a regular DVD (downgrading the resolution, etc.) so that I can purchase a Blu-ray disc but still be able to take a DVD copy on trips that so that if it gets lost or damaged I won't mind. Also, typically when I travel I do not have access to a Blu-ray player.

Instead of the lengthy conversion / downscaling it would be much faster and more reliable to just rent the DVD versions of your BD discs and make copy with AnyDVD & CloneDVD .

Instead of the lengthy conversion / downscaling it would be much faster and more reliable to just rent the DVD versions of your BD discs and make copy with AnyDVD & CloneDVD .

Uh, James, you used the "R" word (rent).;)

Uh, James, you used the "R" word (rent).;)

For those who own the Blu-Ray version of the same movie... although I'm not sure of the legality, I don't think there's anything that questionable about copying a rental DVD if you own the Blu-Ray. I sometimes want to take a few movies with me when I go somewhere, and the lack of portable BD players makes it difficult for some of my collection since Blu-Ray is all I buy anymore.

Although it's simple enough to create a basic movie-only backup of a Blu-Ray, it's a longer transcoding process than simply copying a DVD that's already in MPEG-2 at the right resolution. I also really appreciate that some studios (like Disney) include a DVD copy of the movie along with your Blu-ray set.

This depends on the meaning of "soon". :D

Soon to me, for a product like this, hopefully would mean we'd at least have a release candidate in the first quarter of this year.

Last edited:
Definition:

Soon - When the company feels it is ready. No sooner and no later. :D

Soon is a good word to use on stuff.

I dunno about that... there were one or two points where someone from SlySoft said the new CloneDVD mobile was coming "soon", and all it served to do was raise people's hopes and inevitably prompted more "where is the new mobile?" posts than there ever would've been had nothing been said at all. When the new mobile did finally come, I certainly wouldn't have described the amount of time between those aforementioned post and the actual release date as "soon after", lol.

Saying something's coming out soon implies that it's some distance past the halfway-point in terms of development. Personally, I don't think it's a good way of putting things off at all, lol. It's far less ambiguous than if someone simply says it's "still in development" or something like that.

Only time will tell, though... but I'm hoping for sometime before the end of the first quarter.

But then we would be making copies from DVD's that we don't own, won't we?

Any chance you need beta testers? I was in the market for a Blu-ray cloning program. I was considering DVDFab or Blue-Cloner, but I would be willing to try out Slysoft's version as well to see how it stacks up against the competition.

I was about to pull the trigger on one of the above listed products, but I might hold off a little longer if there is a chance that Slysoft can come through with a winning product.

I've been using the combination of Clonedvd and AnyDVD for the past couple of years and have been quite happy.

But then we would be making copies from DVD's that we don't own, won't we?

And? In the end, does it makes a difference if you convert your BD with James Bond hunting Goldfinger to a DVD, or just copy a rented Goldfinger DVD?
It's even better for the content providers, at least you *rented* the source material to make the copy. ;)
And it's much faster, trouble free, subtitles will work, and you can even keep the menus if you wish.

Clone BD

I would certainly buy Clone BD - I have tried Nero 9 to copy BluRays but it has limitations - I hope Clone BD will let you select (like Clone DVD) which bits you want to copy, as well as an option to do an entire copy, as I have found many commercial BluRays seem to (deliberately?) be just a fraction bigger than the 25Gb blank disc capacity, preventing a copy, and 50Gb DL discs are expensive (cheaper to buy the movie!). Noted it is coming soon...how soon is soon?

Thanks

MARTIN

UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back