• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Release Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slysoft's refeusal to disclose reasons for not releasing Slyce

I believe the reasons for not releasing Slyce are due to the legal problems involving the Slysoft CEO.. In my opinion nothing will be done about Slyce until his appeal is resolved one way or another. I consider it reprehensible that Slysoft has been unable to communicate to its loyal customers just what stage of development Slyce is at. Commercialk confidentiality is something that should always be respected but it should not be used as an excuse by Slysoft to not say anything about Slyce's development. In addition no information has been provided as to when the appeal is likely to be resolved.

pretty sure you're wrong. The legal issues are around decrypting tool anydvd, and since slyce isn't even out yet (and it won't be able to decrypt anyway) impact on slyce is probably nihil

The day may very well come when all decrypting tools world wide are vaporware. And that day is sooner than you think.

Does not matter if you live in a country were back-up movies is legal or illegal.

If the movie industry, Sony, and Verance have their way with politics, have enough cash flow, and knowing the right people in the corrupt governments, then they will be able to do whatever they want legal or illegal.

Their current track record shows they are getting their way, Cinavia is a good example.

Hardware playback for back-up disks is on death role, software playback for back-up disks is the future, and no thanks to the dynamic trio.

If the corrupt dynamic trio stops you from removing the protections from the source, then the potential software program Slyce is useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
reasons for Slyce delay

pretty sure you're wrong. The legal issues are around decrypting tool anydvd, and since slyce isn't even out yet (and it won't be able to decrypt anyway) impact on slyce is probably nihil
Well Ch3vr0n I actually hope you are right; you are a lot closer to the action than I am. My experience with lawyers is that they generally advise against voluntary disclosure of information even when it appears to be non-related My real fear is that ownership of Slysoft type products will be made illegal just as they did with the ownership of radar detectors in my country because it was too successful in helping drivers avoiding speeding fines.

I'm no closer than you are mate, I don't work fur slysoft and the articles I read were specifically related to anydvd. It's not so much a matter of voluntary disclosure, it's that they simply aren't allowed to discuss such details while procedures are ongoing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

My real fear is that ownership of Slysoft type products will be made illegal just as they did with the ownership of radar detectors in my country because it was too successful in helping drivers avoiding speeding fines.

Yes, just a matter of time, and my radar detectors have paid for themselves many, many times over and still doing their job very well. You can smell a cop 1 mile away.:clap:

Yes, just a matter of time, and my radar detectors have paid for themselves many, many times over and still doing their job very well. You can smell a cop 1 mile away.:clap:
If there is a "cop" he is most likely less than a mile away. But I doubt he ot they will do anymore than they have already tried. JMHO.

I tend to agree, but only on gut feeling, that the time of relatively easy backup / personalisation of books and films will not last soooo much longer. Though I do understand the worry of people who earn money from their creative work concerning pirating, I actually think many and maybe even most people are like me are fans who want to support the industry, and simply want to protect legitimately purchased stuff. DVD's *do* fail after time (for instance, the dreaded black stain, I'm told from alumin(i)um) and when they are out of print can be expensive or impossible to re-obtain. Also, being obsessive, I love that I can fix the typos in e-books, fix (sometimes!) the authoring / encoding errors on films, etc.

I didn't know about the legal thing, but looked it up now. Interesting. Could well be a factor imo, because lawyers love to widen legal disputes and drag everything possible in.

Anyway, in summary, I have the feeling Anydvd does not take up so much resources any more, so despite the alternatives I am still hoping for an eventual appearance of Slyce.

I tend to agree, but only on gut feeling, that the time of relatively easy backup / personalisation of books and films will not last soooo much longer. Though I do understand the worry of people who earn money from their creative work concerning pirating, I actually think many and maybe even most people are like me are fans who want to support the industry, and simply want to protect legitimately purchased stuff. DVD's *do* fail after time (for instance, the dreaded black stain, I'm told from alumin(i)um) and when they are out of print can be expensive or impossible to re-obtain. Also, being obsessive, I love that I can fix the typos in e-books, fix (sometimes!) the authoring / encoding errors on films, etc.

I didn't know about the legal thing, but looked it up now. Interesting. Could well be a factor imo, because lawyers love to widen legal disputes and drag everything possible in.

Anyway, in summary, I have the feeling Anydvd does not take up so much resources any more, so despite the alternatives I am still hoping for an eventual appearance of Slyce.

You have the right to dream, but when you wake up, don't expect to see Slyce. IMHO, Slysoft could have been paid off not to develop Slyce. Just ask the beta/alpha testers when was the last update. Slysoft keeps shooting for the end of the year for the last two years that I remember, but nothing comes out.

Just like AnyDVDHD, release it as it is, and let the users find the bugs. Do the same for Slyce. Look how long AnyDVD has been out, and it's not perfect. They are still debugging AnyDVD. Please, if any of the developers are reading this, it would be nice to have some positive input.
:bang:

you have the right to dream, but when you wake up, don't expect to see slyce. Imho, slysoft could have been paid off not to develop slyce. Just ask the beta/alpha testers when was the last update. Slysoft keeps shooting for the end of the year for the last two years that i remember, but nothing comes out.

Just like anydvdhd, release it as it is, and let the users find the bugs. Do the same for slyce. Look how long anydvd has been out, and it's not perfect. They are still debugging anydvd. Please, if any of the developers are reading this, it would be nice to have some positive input.

:d hahaha

.... Look how long AnyDVD has been out, and it's not perfect. They are still debugging AnyDVD. Please, if any of the developers are reading this, it would be nice to have some positive input.
The new releases of AnyDVD are to fix new copy protections not normally down to bugs in the software. The software itself is pretty stable

I think we should all take a step back and just be grateful that AnyDVD HD (number 1 in the world) is still alive and well after all the attacks from the governments, Sony, and Verance. And, hope it can withstand all the future enemy attacks and stay afloat. Look at all the problems (number 2 in the world) DVD Fab is having with all the attacks against it.

Look at it this way, without the ripping software program working properly and still alive, no software program after the rip will be useful including Slyce.:agree:

So what happening with the slyce program???

To what progress are?

Is there any good news about removing this cinavia protection that anyone can't completely remove it so any media player or bluray player can play bd-iso files with menu's without the issue of 20minutes audio e.t.c.

Is there any beta or alpha release of slyce program to test if it works?

When slyce will released it must connected with internet so it download the movie database to remove it from the movies it has it in the database or it doesn't even need internet and can remove the cinavia to any movie?

As I have told you and others a few times now, if I have new info, the slyce feature sticky will be unlocked and you will find the new info there

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Its totally incredulous to me that there are still a few people that still believe in this

I suppose it proves the old adage:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time"
"But you cant fool all of the people all of the time"

Its totally incredulous to me that there are still a few people that still believe in this

I suppose it proves the old adage:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time"
"But you cant fool all of the people all of the time"

Rotty Dog, unfortunately I tend to agree with you. The customers of Slysoft are a tight community and the way the company has handled Slyce is pretty bad. Now they do not even bother to let anyone know where they are in the development stage. They say nothing to inform there customer base. I no longer have a need for Slyce as I have migrated away from physical disks for backup. I have been converting everything to MKV using both makemkv and byte copy. I assume I can mention those products. After conversion I store them on an external hard drive and have it attached to a WD Live TV box that is connected to my tv via hdmi and optical audio. This approach works for me just fine and the conversion of just the main movie is plenty fast. This approach does not even need anydvdhd.

I cannot see any reason that I would even want Slyce. I think it's time is passed and there are to many other ways to generate the final version people want. slysoft missed the boat and they are a day late and a dollar short. Slysoft is certainly under no obligation to explain themselves but good customer relations would have been reason enough. Why keep Slyce progress a secret. Who knows and I do not think anyone cares anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back