• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD aborts at around 9-15% or even at 25% max processing of BluRay Disc

perryking

My AMD PC, WIN 10 system with an AMD Quad 6 Core, and AMD Graphics card worked fine after the latest update to BDclone 1.0.8.8. Now just a few days after working just fine, CloneBD now crashes at around the 9 to 15 % point, sometimes a little more, into the processing of the BluRay, with the msg: "Error ....will now close." It does it on the copying complete disk function as well as trying to convert to a .mp4 file. It leaves the partially completed intermediate file, and just closes.

Only changes to the computer since CloneBD was working fine include new graphics driver from AMD and a bunch of accessory programs. I disabled the drivers , but still the same crash happens partialy into the conversion.

Also two minor updates to WIN 10 were auto installed on Tuesday this week.

If there is a log file needed to help troubleshoot, on BDclone I don't know where to find it ?

Any thoughts?

I have another 2 Core intel and Nvida Graphics PC with Win 10 and the CloneBD version 1.0.8.8 is working fine on that one.--So Far ! I have used it to test all the disc that failed on the AMD - Quad 6 PC, and this secondary system handled the backups and conversions just fine. So the BluRay disk were perfectly good it appears.

Thanks for some help.

Last edited:
Since you provided no logs from Anydvd HD or CloneBD how do you expect anyone to know what is going on? We don't mind read and nor can one come over to see what is going on with your system. I have Win7 iNtel i5-4690K GTX970OC and have no problems so your system comparison doesn't tell much either.

My original post above was just a general report of the conditions I am experiencing, thinking others may have had the same recent experience. Especially since the trouble I am experiencing appears to have no relation to the actual Blu-Ray disc being processed.

I just tried to get the report out of CloneBD. CloneBD terminates and closes so fast I have no opportunity to push the ALT key and retrieve any report or log.

As for an AnyDVD log. I will post it soon as I can. But I see now after creating the anyDVD log, that the log is generated by a process way before I start CloneBD and about 10 to 15 minutes before Clone BD decides to just stop and close. So that log will not be recording the events leading up to CloneBD suddenly just stopping and close very fast ! But I hope it does give someone a clue as to what might happening once CloneBD is started and runs until the sudden termination.

Since you provided no logs from Anydvd HD or CloneBD how do you expect anyone to know what is going on? We don't mind read and nor can one come over to see what is going on with your system. I have Win7 iNtel i5-4690K GTX970OC and have no problems so your system comparison doesn't tell much either.

Well It tells what my system is and that it did work fine until two days ago. In case its related to AMD processors , Graphic cards or AMD drivers that some one might be aware of new problems with that combination. That was the original point of the information that was disseminated as a beginning point in asking for some help. .

Ok. Here are two log files from AnyDVD HD Version: 8.0.4.1 (BETA). I forgot that it was a BETA but actually I think I installed the latest BETA hoping to resolve my problem with CloneBD. But apparently it was no help. Like I said CloneBD stops and terminates so fast I have practically no chance of hitting the ALT key before it closes. But I will keep trying since that is the more important step or log in this case I think. If I can succeed I will then post the ClonBD log file here also.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.1_Info_F_ANGRY_BIRDS_MOVIE.ziplog
    243.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.0.4.1_Info_F_JOY.ziplog
    831.6 KB · Views: 1
AnyDVDHD 8.0.4.2. is available here is the link for you:
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8042.exe

Now as for creating a logfile in cloneBD start a another instance and as soon as it starts or before it gets to wherever it is it crashes. Hit abort and that will you to the final screen where you hit ALT to save logfile. You can also go into settings and enable logging and copy and paste that into a notepad as well.

I seem to be having the same problem I have updated AnyDVD and and tried 2different Blurays they both crash CloneBD. I have used the programs in the past with older versions and no problem on the the same computer but seem to be now that i updated.

Ok. Here are two log files from AnyDVD HD Version: 8.0.4.1 (BETA). I forgot that it was a BETA but actually I think I installed the latest BETA hoping to resolve my problem with CloneBD. But apparently it was no help. Like I said CloneBD stops and terminates so fast I have practically no chance of hitting the ALT key before it closes. But I will keep trying since that is the more important step or log in this case I think. If I can succeed I will then post the ClonBD log file here also.

We're not seeing that phenomenon here ever.
A complete and silent termination of CloneBD would point to a severy memory leak (CloneBD eating up all memory it can). Otherwise it would reliably create a crash dump (in case there is no memory left for the process, that would fail as well).

Can you check your task manager and see if CloneBD is consuming an unusual amount of memory prior to the crash?

I'm having the same type of crash. About 10 minutes in, on any disk, using a disk, ISO, or folder as a source, with or without compression. I have Windows 10 and AMD hardware (CPU and GPU). No memory leak. Threading issues ruled out by running with CPU affinity set to a single core. The dump file created in my temp folder has a size of 0 bytes. "Enabling" logging merely opens a second window. It seems to only get updates every few minutes, and doesn't show any new/recent/unusual messages when the crash occurs. The "log" window, of course, stops working when the crash occurs. An event log indicates fault module dbgcore.dll, crash offset 0x0001d6f9 (always the same).

Is it possible to get a debug build so I can try to get you a stack trace?

Does it depend on the inserted disc? If so, which one(s)?

It doesn't. Minions, for example, but really any disc I try. And it can be an ISO or folder of that disc.

Yes, I'm having the same type of problem. Got a AMD processor and uptodate CloneBD and AnydvdHD - and any disc or ISO file that I try to run through sometimes I get to about 5-10% or even to nearly 90% and then it just either crashes out or just disappears.

I'm wondering if the latest Windows 10 "feature update" - I'm now on version 1607 build 14393.187 - has any significance. Is everyone here on that version, and are ElBy using that version when they try to reproduce?

Same thing Alex - I updated Windows 10 with the feature update and it only started since then so something there must be clashing - especially with the AMD processors. Hope it sorted as I find CloneBD a brill program but at the moment I can't use it.

Can everyone having that problem please post one AnyDVD log file?
Also state what type of conversion (BD->BD or MKV/MP4, with or without compression, ... whatever you think might be relevant).
That would help find common elements, it appears to be something on the system, that CloneBD doesn't like. And apparently only a few have that problem.

I spoke to Elby and they are having a hard time reproducing this, so we need some input.

AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
I have tried Now you see me 2, The Jungle Book, and Captain America Cival War. I have noticed that with these movies i seem to have 1 or 2 processes of Drone. ffmeg.x64.exe which seem to be using quite a bit of memory not sure it that is normal as older disc dont do this. A coworker is have this problem too with AMD also like mine his crashes by the time it gets to 14% never seemed to do this before the updates.

Back